Quick SEO Q

Ive narrowed my tags down to 12 - should i go for 12 general terms that get massive amount of searches, 12 “niche” terms that really narrow down my target audience or 6 of each?

It really depends on what your business idea is.

Personally, I would start small, go niche - drive some traffic and see what works. Get bigger - start to generalize - drive more traffic.

[quote]sjfou wrote:
Ive narrowed my tags down to 12 - should i go for 12 general terms that get massive amount of searches, 12 “niche” terms that really narrow down my target audience or 6 of each?[/quote]

The more niche the better. If your business isn’t an online one, and you service an area with a trade, try including locations along with the term. They are searched less, but will be far easier to optimize.

Also, check out www.webmasterworld.com. Much better site to be asking these questions. Unfortunately, they do charge, but there is a plethora of good info. It’s like this site, you can ask a million questions, or just take your time reading over the sticky’d threads, which in the long run would save you more time, and better your knowledge more.