T Nation

Quick Review of Training Books

Hey all,

Just wanted to do a quick review of some bodybuilding material I have and one might find useful.

AFTERBURN, by Alwyn Cosgrove:
If you have read any of the German Bodycomp programs by Poliquin, or Meltdown by Alessi, you have an idea of what’s inside. Few differences, exercises utilizing stability balls, bodyweight exercises and a complete 16wk nutrition program. He tells you how to drop calories and why. Also, a meal plan for each of the “blocks” of training. 9 out of 10

UTILIZING COMBINATION LIFTS dvd, by Cosgrove:
I was kind of disappointed because I really didn’t learn anything new. If you read Davies COMPLEX TRAINING, you pretty much seen alot of it. The one thing that is good, you can visually see how each exercise is performed. 6 out of 10

CLUBBELL TRAING FOR CIRCULAR TRAINING, by Coach Sonnon:
If you own clubbells, a MUST HAVE, period! Show how to perform numerous exercies with one or two clubbells. 10 out of 10

THE ESSENCE OF PROGRAM DESIGN, by Juan Carlos Santana:
Great read. Numerous programs using stability and medicine ball exercises, bands and plyos. If you are hardcore you might give it an 8, but if you are a trainer dealing with the general population and not just athletes, you would give it a 10. Must have for personal trainers.

Gotta run, I have more if anyone is interested.