T Nation

Quick Question

Hey I just wanted to ask a quick question… A buddy of mine whos been lifting with me since high school is thinking about taking the plunge into AAS. I talked to him about it and he asked me if theres anything he could take orals only because he said needles make him want to pass out. I did some quick reasearch on the Newbie Cycle planning thread and saw a drol/winny cycle thats orals only. Just wanting to know if anyone has had any experience with this or knows what would be best for the best gains if he wanted to keep them.

I mean i’ve heard from a lot of people that taking dbol itself without running test is pointless because most of the gains are water weight and lost after the cycle. Hes pretty tall and has a terrible skinny build. Ive been recently telling him to eat a few large high calorie meals a day to slower his metabolism and up the weight gainer to get a bit bigger but not much works with his body style. Alright well thats that any info would be greatly appreciated. This would be his first cycle so I want him to make it count.

Thanks in advance.

Drol/winny is ok. Or any combo of class I and class II drugs.

A high calorie meal will not make his metabolism slower. If anything, if he eats more and lifts weights, thus gaining muscle his metabolism will get faster. But I do agree that he should eat more to gain weight. If he uses steroids and doesnt learn how to gain weight naturally his body will revert back to its “normal” state within months.

EDIT

If he is your age he should absolutely not use AAS. Skinny 20 year olds are not the ideal candidates for steroid use. Make him learn how to eat. He is wasting the prime muscle building years.

Thanks for your input bro. Hes a few years older than me, but I see what your saying. He just has one of those “hardgainer” body types where it is hard for him to build muscle. Any diet suggestions then? I know he trains hard and also does construction 5-6 days a week.

If hes older than the risk of endocrine damage is less. So thats his choice.

But he still needs to learn how to eat. I don’t know what you mean by a ‘diet suggestion’. Eating to gain mass is a lifestyle. Not a diet. He needs to eat more quality sources of protein, non-sugary carbs, and healthy fats like olive oil, nuts, avocado etc. It’s all about calories in vs. calories out. It’s really that simple.

There are thousands of articles and threads on how to gain weight. Have him read them. Or let him fuck around with AAS for a month or two and be back at square in less than a year.

There’s also a simple three-word piece of advice for your needle-fearing friend: “Butch up, dude.”

Yeah that’s some good advice haha. If I was him and really wanted to see some gain that stick I would definitely use test in my first cycle. So no one is supporting any orals only huh?

[quote]Everlast9489 wrote:
Yeah that’s some good advice haha. If I was him and really wanted to see some gain that stick I would definitely use test in my first cycle. So no one is supporting any orals only huh?[/quote]

You’ve missed the point: if your diet is poor, it doesn’t matter what drugs you use, you will not hold onto your gains.

No I totally understand what your saying. But its not that his diet is super shitty. He eats a ton like 6 meals a day and did this all through college and just cant seem to gain weight. And just to anyone who thinks this is me trying to get advice for a “friend aka myself” I’m not lol. Ive got my diet, training, and supplements in check.

What is he eating 6 times a day, chicken and veggies? Tell him to throw in some cheeseburgers and an occassional pizza if he’s stuffing himself silly and still not putting on ANY weight.

I would say probably 4 of his meals would be lean protein, healthy carbs, and veggies or a liquid mean like a protein shake. The rest being like a quick snack at work when he cant eat a full meal. I do know that he cheats a little bit on some meals tho too… I mean we did go to the Chinese buffet yesterday lol. Well who knows maybe hes lying to me. I’ll talk to him later today and ask him what his diet is really like. Maybe i can give him to write me a diet log or something.

[quote]Everlast9489 wrote:
I would say probably 4 of his meals would be lean protein, healthy carbs, and veggies or a liquid mean like a protein shake. The rest being like a quick snack at work when he cant eat a full meal. I do know that he cheats a little bit on some meals tho too… I mean we did go to the Chinese buffet yesterday lol. Well who knows maybe hes lying to me. I’ll talk to him later today and ask him what his diet is really like. Maybe i can give him to write me a diet log or something. [/quote]

If he’s not gaining weight from eating clean, tell him to get some “dirty” food in, like burritos, double cheeseburgers, pizza, milk, etc…

Yeah i told him to start adding a half gallon of whole milk per day into his diet. That should add some extra weight.

Milk works well for those that can digest it but for those with strong dairly allergies it might just make him crap more and get less nutrients out of what he is eating (there is a possibility that his inability to gain has to do with allergies causing him to not absorb what he is eating).

Have him keep a food and training log for a week and see what is actually happening…sometimes people think they eat/train way different than they actually do. It would also be good for him to test for allegies to foods to know if there is something he is eating that he shouldn’t.

Gear should be a last resort for someone young that can’t put on weight…there is usually some underlying cause which needs to be corrected for him to make good progress…gear will obviously help but it is best to figure it out before so he can make the best use of the gear while on and keep the max amount of his gains after.

As for the orals vs injectables…if he is a big enough boy to do steroids he is a big enough boy to inject himself. Oral only cycles are hard on the liver and like previously mentioned the gains seem to be harder to hold because a greater amount is water to begin with. He will get a lot more out of a cycle of test than winny/drol.