Quick Question: Tendonitis

gents,

Recently developed tendoitis in my right knee (jumper’s knee) is what they call it. Doc said keep off and ice. Cortico steriod is next step but that is only a temporary solution. Ive kept off it for about a month now and its still messing with me. Any ideas? Will anything in our line of work help? Or will this just perpetuate the pain?
PS had to put a much anticipated heavy cyc on hold for this bullshit.

This thread will answer your questions, in some detail:

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1903197

A lot of relatively recent research suggests eccentric loading to treat and prevent tendinitis, so I guess that would mean doing negatives on squats. This article has the sources on a lot of those studies

davedraper.com/pmwiki/uploads//PmWiki/AbsolutePT-Tendonitis.pdf

Er…
FISH OIL !!!
My mother had it in MOST of her joints due to being laid up in hospital.
Biotests fish oil + add more Vitamin E and THATS ALL you need.
Nothing else :slight_smile:

Hi!

Excuse me in advance for my awful English.

As it’s possible understand I’m Italian.

Last year I developed a fucked tendonitis in my left elbow.

The so called “tennis elbow”.

My family doctor said to me stopping training, use a lot of ice, use an helluva of F.A.N.S. by injection and WAIT.

Be patient, in his opinion, was the best thing to do.

After 3 months the things didn’t go better!

I had very bad pain too that didn’t permit me to sleep too.

My doctor then prescribed me some pain killers medicine, but I never took them.

Their use scared me!

Following the advice of a friend of mine, a professional tennis player, I begun to use a strong elastic band to do fingers extension and the problem went a little better.

After I begun to use a big elastic band to do triceps push down with my left injuried arm only and I obtained another little relief of pain.

Not enough to permit me to restart my weight training for upper body, but, at least, enough to permit me to sleep at night.

At the end, sailing here on T-Nation, I found an article by Peter Blanchonette about only eccentric training in tendonitis treatment.

I found it very interesting but it was only when I read the same theory about eccentric training benefits in “The black book of training secrets” by the Canadian coach Christian Thibaudeau too that I decided to give it a try.

I used this tipe of rehabilitative eccentric training for my left arm 3 days a week, doing one arm cable push down with a rope.

3 sets of 15 reps, 60-90 seconds rest.

I used two hands to push down the weight (concentric phase) and one hand, my left hand, to let it go up in a very slow and controlled manner (eccentric phase).

I know that it can sound unbelievable, but just after my first very painful workout I felt less pain in my elbow!

I have to warn you, the first times you use this type of training on your injuried part it’s very painful during the exercise but it give relief to it as soon you finish the training.

Believe it or not, in only three weeks of this regimen I was completely pain free, and after the fourth week I could begin training my upper body, very light for starting, without any problem!

Today I returned and overpassed my normal training loads.

Now I know I have a chronic tennis elbow on my left arm and have to pay more attention what I do in gym and at work, but the only eccentric training helped me very much in healing and controlling my tendon problem.

I made try this eccentric regimen to other persons I know with tendon problems too, especially soccer players and bycicle runners with painful Achilles tendons, and ALL OF THEM always obtained the same good results.

So, in coclusion, all I can tell about this topic is GIVE IT A SERIOUS TRY!

It can seems strange, unbelievable and so on, but, please, trust in me because IT WORKS GREAT!

[quote]Italian Barbell wrote:
Hi!

Excuse me in advance for my awful English.

As it’s possible understand I’m Italian.

Last year I developed a fucked tendonitis in my left elbow.

The so called “tennis elbow”.

My family doctor said to me stopping training, use a lot of ice, use an helluva of F.A.N.S. by injection and WAIT.

Be patient, in his opinion, was the best thing to do.

After 3 months the things didn’t go better!

I had very bad pain too that didn’t permit me to sleep too.

My doctor then prescribed me some pain killers medicine, but I never took them.

Their use scared me!

Following the advice of a friend of mine, a professional tennis player, I begun to use a strong elastic band to do fingers extension and the problem went a little better.

After I begun to use a big elastic band to do triceps push down with my left injuried arm only and I obtained another little relief of pain.

Not enough to permit me to restart my weight training for upper body, but, at least, enough to permit me to sleep at night.

At the end, sailing here on T-Nation, I found an article by Peter Blanchonette about only eccentric training in tendonitis treatment.

I found it very interesting but it was only when I read the same theory about eccentric training benefits in “The black book of training secrets” by the Canadian coach Christian Thibaudeau too that I decided to give it a try.

I used this tipe of rehabilitative eccentric training for my left arm 3 days a week, doing one arm cable push down with a rope.

3 sets of 15 reps, 60-90 seconds rest.

I used two hands to push down the weight (concentric phase) and one hand, my left hand, to let it go up in a very slow and controlled manner (eccentric phase).

I know that it can sound unbelievable, but just after my first very painful workout I felt less pain in my elbow!

I have to warn you, the first times you use this type of training on your injuried part it’s very painful during the exercise but it give relief to it as soon you finish the training.

Believe it or not, in only three weeks of this regimen I was completely pain free, and after the fourth week I could begin training my upper body, very light for starting, without any problem!

Today I returned and overpassed my normal training loads.

Now I know I have a chronic tennis elbow on my left arm and have to pay more attention what I do in gym and at work, but the only eccentric training helped me very much in healing and controlling my tendon problem.

I made try this eccentric regimen to other persons I know with tendon problems too, especially soccer players and bycicle runners with painful Achilles tendons, and ALL OF THEM always obtained the same good results.

So, in coclusion, all I can tell about this topic is GIVE IT A SERIOUS TRY!

It can seems strange, unbelievable and so on, but, please, trust in me because IT WORKS GREAT![/quote]

You call that awful English?

You speak it better than 70% of the English-speakers here.

La maggior parte sono imbecilli che non possono leggere o scrivere. Sai com’è.

There ya go B101, the research and anecdotal evidence suggesting you go do some eccentric leg training with your right leg.

If you are going to do eccentric for your leg I suggest you use the leg press or hack squat machine.

[quote]Contrl wrote:

You call that awful English?

La maggior parte sono imbecilli che non possono leggere o scrivere. Sai com’è.[/quote]

Heh. I know enough Spanish to be able to chuckle at this Italian.

[quote]Contrl wrote:
… You call that awful English?

La maggior parte sono imbecilli che non possono leggere o scrivere. Sai com’è.[/quote]

If it’s a compliment I have to thank you!

I was forced to learn English language all by myself some years ago just to read and understand foreign training books and articles.

My reading it’s O.K. enough, but I was sure my English speaking and writing was so terrible and full of mistakes to be almost impossible to understand!

Maybe it’s less awful than I thought!

Non pensavo che ci fosse qualcuno che capisse l’Italiano su questo sito! = I don’t believed there was someone understanding Italian language on this site!

You would be surprised at the level of knowledge of some people here at this board…

I use to get tendonitis in my elbows and wrists alot. Have you ever considered taking glucosomine and chrondrotin with MSM? I take that stuff three times a day and it has really cut down on my tendonitis if I get it at all

My elbows hurt real bad whenever I throw a football or something like that, is that tendonitis?
I only started having this problem after I laid up in a hospital bed for 12 hours straight, no food no water with IV’s for a medical study.

Uhhh that really doesn’t sound like tendonitis. I don’t see how you could get it from IV’s.

yeah i was thinking more of the not eating/drinking for 12 hours. drinking coffee seems to make it worse. all i know is i didnt have this problem before then and i’m not sure what it is. i guess i should go see a sports dr but i just assumed it was tendonitis.

[quote]Egghead03 wrote:
Uhhh that really doesn’t sound like tendonitis. I don’t see how you could get it from IV’s. [/quote]

[quote]aculpep wrote:
yeah i was thinking more of the not eating/drinking for 12 hours. drinking coffee seems to make it worse. all i know is i didnt have this problem before then and i’m not sure what it is. i guess i should go see a sports dr but i just assumed it was tendonitis.

Egghead03 wrote:
Uhhh that really doesn’t sound like tendonitis. I don’t see how you could get it from IV’s.

[/quote]

Assumption makes an ass out of you and umption!!

The first basic step to treat any injury or disease is to get a correct diagnose !!