Quick Question About Nicotine...

[quote]APD221 wrote:
Excellent Robert, kind of reply I was looking for as opposed to the " just read " stuff, I know I need to read but it helps when people with specific knowledge direct you more to where you need to be. Yes, I do having a blazing fast metabolism, so you are recommending milk of all things? I am doing a basic training right now I would assume, diff group everyday with saturday and sunday off doing 10x3 on every exercise. Anymore advice guys plz post, I am like a sponge right now. Thnx in advance.[/quote]

If you are positive about your metabolism handling it well, I would definitely recommend milk. I has decent amounts of protein and lots of calories, as well as other good things. You might have heard about the “squats and milk” programm, which has you drinking a gallon of milk per day and squatting heavy often. I modified that slightly, I just drank a quart of milk, but right before bed, so most of the calories were put to use. Also, I am constantly eating during the day.

I have also found that I responded really well to some 3x10 after doing 10x3 for a while. Someone compared your maximum strength with a cup and hypertrophy with water. So, if you increase the size of the cup, there is room for more water. So, if you already have a large cup (doing 10x3 all the time) doing some more traditional hypertrophy training will make you bigger quickly.

This is just a theory, which I tried out after I noticed that a friend of mine was bigger than me, but was putting up much lower numbers on the big compounds. However, he did loads of 3x10. So, going back to the analogy, his cup was smaller, but it held more water. When I started incorporating some 3x10, I quickly passed his gains.

Interesting… and just to clarify instead of me assuming that I am on the same page, by 3x10 you mean 3 reps x 10 sets? And thnx for taking the time to post.

Actually, I mean 3 sets of 10 reps. If that is what you were doing all along, consider switching one heavy compound per workout to 10 sets of 3 reps, or at least 4 sets of six reps. This will usually be enough reps/time under tension to produce hypertrophy on its own, but will also increase your max strength very quickly.

Look up Chad Waterbury, he has a few articles that explain this in more detail. The routines he writes are almost all full body, but some of his teachings can be applied to splits.