Quick Nutritonal Breakdown

Hello everyone, long time lurker on T-Nation…finally a member.

23 yo, male, former collegiate football and track and field participant.

6’0"—228 lbs.—Probably around 12% BF

Bench-455
Squat-625
Deadlift-515
Clean and Jerk-335
Snatch-235

Follow a custom weightlifting/powerlifting program with an emphasis on strength, functionality and overall condition. Besides the above mentioned lifts I do pullups, snatch and clean pulls, standing presses (never seated or with dumbbells) and thats it. Also do functional training like kettlebells, tire flips, sledgehammer work, plyometrics…etc. Ok so Ive got that under control now for my diet.

Numbers listed after food will go in order of calories, fat, carbs, protein

Meal 1
4 whole eggs-280, 20, 0, 24
1 slice cheese-60, 4, 2, 3
1 tbsp olive oil-120, 14, 0, 0
2 slices turkey bacon-70, 6, 0, 4

Meal 2
1.5 cups 2% milk-195, 7.5, 18, 12
3 scoops Dymatize Whey Protein-351, 6, 6, 72
1 scoop natural PB-190, 16, 6, 7

Meal 3 (periworkout)
1.5 cups natural OJ-165, 0, 39, 3
Handful spinach-20, 0, 3, 2
2 cans tuna-100, 1, 0, 26

(meals 2 and 3 are in shake form)

Meal 4
2 chicken breasts or 2 slices of salmon-approx 220, 5, 0, 46
Handful broccoli-30, 1, 6, 3
Little bit of ketchup or salsa-approx 15, 0, 3, 0

According to some quick math that puts met at…
1896 calories
86.5 g fat
87 g carbs
202 g protein

Again these are rough numbers and are close enough for me. I know everyone here will say that protein needs to be higher…but first let me explain my goals.

Truly could care less about my weight…concerned about general performance and let’s face it…physique as well. I have been dieting for summer season for the past 2 months (almost no carb and low low calories and am very close to desired leanness for summer). I want to keep my strength and have been able to despite recent cut and now I am wanting to adopt a more moderate leanout meal plan and have worked out the above.

Just looking for general thoughts and comments/suggestions. I know its not a ton of food but I would go bankrupt if I ate everything I wanted to…

Thanks everyone

I started my cut at 187 pounds at 5’6". I am now 166 pounds. At 166 pounds I am consuming around 2500 calories a day and still leaning out. Around 170g of carbs, 225g of protein and around 90g of fat. Some times more carbs and protein based on the amount of cardio I do. Some days I take in 2300 calories, some days 2700. I would be way too hungry eating your diet and I am sure I would not have enough energy to train.

Not sure exactly what you are looking for, but if it’s working no need to change it. Your maintenance calories are around 3400 a day so a good number for dieting would be like 2900-3100 calories, you’re about 1000 calories short of that.

How long was your cut? Or the part where you lost the 21 lbs

100 kcal for 2 cans of tuna? I’d double check that info. After that I’d like to know where you shop, haha/

[quote]warhammer44 wrote:
How long was your cut? Or the part where you lost the 21 lbs[/quote]
I started cleaning up my diet in late November. Kept it maintenance calories plus cardio until March and for the last 6 weeks I have been eating at a slight deficit(about 300 calories) plus cardio. If I feel crappy I eat a little more.

I don’t go under 2300 calories or over 2700 and I cheat once a week on Thursday or Friday night. The weight loss has been over the course of the last 6 months. I don’t have a goal weight, just a goal look that I am not that far from.