T Nation

Quick IGF-1 Reconstitution Question

Hi guys,

THis is probably gonna sound like a ridiculous question but It’s my first run with IGF-1 so I figure I better clear it up.

I have 1mg IGF-1 from Muscleresearch (premixed in 1ml AA). I plan on running 50mg PWO (25mg bilaterally). For pinning, I have 1Ml slin pins.

From the way I understand it, I must draw up 25mg into each slin pin, then draw up the desired amount of BW, then shoot.

The prolem is, 25mg is only 2.5IU’s. How the hell do I accuratley measure 2.5IU’s on a 1ml slin pin? 2.5IU’seems like such a tiny amount that it would be easy to be innacurate in your measurment.

ANy solutions? Is this the best way or should I get more AA & add another 1ml to the IGF bottle and make it easier to measure?

I was thinkin about swapping my 1ml slin pins for .3ml ones, making it a little easier to accuratley dose.

Thanks,

My first run as well…I used 2 ml AA and then use the 1/2 ml slin pins because its easier to measure. When I put BW in I pull it all the way because its a bit uncomfortable otherwise.

Using a 1 ml slin pin will be a little more tricky, but another ml of AA and you can at least get to .5 instead of .25. I also preload all the IGF in pins, easier to deal with PWO.

[quote]CELTIC-DEVIL wrote:
Hi guys,

THis is probably gonna sound like a ridiculous question but It’s my first run with IGF-1 so I figure I better clear it up.

I have 1mg IGF-1 from Muscleresearch (premixed in 1ml AA). I plan on running 50mg PWO (25mg bilaterally). For pinning, I have 1Ml slin pins.

From the way I understand it, I must draw up 25mg into each slin pin, then draw up the desired amount of BW, then shoot.

The prolem is, 25mg is only 2.5IU’s. How the hell do I accuratley measure 2.5IU’s on a 1ml slin pin? 2.5IU’seems like such a tiny amount that it would be easy to be innacurate in your measurment.

ANy solutions? Is this the best way or should I get more AA & add another 1ml to the IGF bottle and make it easier to measure?

I was thinkin about swapping my 1ml slin pins for .3ml ones, making it a little easier to accuratley dose.

Thanks,[/quote]

You have 1 mg of IGF, and you are trying to draw 25mg into the slin syringe?

You have your units all fucked up.

You must mean 25mcg.

Even then - you are trying to figure out how to draw a weight - not a volume. You have to figure out the concentration of the IGF in the AA solution.

If you have 1cc containing 1000mcg’s of IGF - each .1cc’s will have 100mcg of IGF. So you need .025 cc of AA/IGF solution.

Draw that up into your syringe, and fill the rest of it up with NaCl, or bac water.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
CELTIC-DEVIL wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks,

You must mean 25mcg.

Even then - you are trying to figure out how to draw a weight - not a volume. You have to figure out the concentration of the IGF in the AA solution.

If you have 1cc containing 1000mcg’s of IGF - each .1cc’s will have 100mcg of IGF. So you need .025 cc of AA/IGF solution.

Draw that up into your syringe, and fill the rest of it up with NaCl, or bac water.

[/quote]

oops, yup i meant 25mcg.

solution is 1mg/ml.

Thanks guys.

[quote]CELTIC-DEVIL wrote:
rainjack wrote:
CELTIC-DEVIL wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks,

You must mean 25mcg.

oops, yup i meant 25mcg.

solution is 1mg/ml.

Thanks guys.[/quote]

You might think about going with a smaller slin barrel especially since you are only shooting 50mcg. The smaller volume barrels makes it much easier to draw accurately.