T Nation

Quick Healer = Quick Recovery?

I heal very quickly from cuts, scrapes, and such. Does that translate to muscle recovery or are they different animals? I realize skin tissue and muscle tissue are different. I’m not a total newb but I’m on the lower scale of the BB chain. Anyone have any comments or ideas on this?

If you do, then what? At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter. Work hard in the gym, if you recover quickly, then good for you. Are you looking for an ego boost or something?

As for your question, I don’t know the answer, but I’d imagine there’s a correlation between the two types of recovery.

Wolverine is that you?

[quote]w00tage wrote:
If you do, then what? At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter. Work hard in the gym, if you recover quickly, then good for you. Are you looking for an ego boost or something?
[/quote]

WTF? My first post and I get a quip from a wanker. Flame on prick.

[quote]Bline wrote:
I heal very quickly from cuts, scrapes, and such. Does that translate to muscle recovery or are they different animals? I realize skin tissue and muscle tissue are different. I’m not a total newb but I’m on the lower scale of the BB chain. Anyone have any comments or ideas on this? [/quote]

You say your not a newb… yet you don’t know if you have quick muscle recovery? I’m confused.

[quote]xkungpowx wrote:
You say your not a newb… yet you don’t know if you have quick muscle recovery? I’m confused.[/quote]

LOL, Damn… This is one rough joint. I like it.

If you recover quickly or not is still going to be dictated by your nutrition regardless.

[quote]Bline wrote:
w00tage wrote:
If you do, then what? At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter. Work hard in the gym, if you recover quickly, then good for you. Are you looking for an ego boost or something?

WTF? My first post and I get a quip from a wanker. Flame on prick.
[/quote]

This is TESTOSTERONE Nation after all.

Ah yes, because Testosterone equals douche.

I also heal scratches, scrapes, bruises, etc very fast. I have noticed a correlation with my lifting as well. It is even better now that I look after my nutrition and hydration.

I’d say use it, but don’t abuse it. You should still take good care of your body and it’ll continue to take good care of you.

[quote]Bline wrote:
w00tage wrote:
If you do, then what? At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter. Work hard in the gym, if you recover quickly, then good for you. Are you looking for an ego boost or something?

WTF? My first post and I get a quip from a wanker. Flame on prick.
[/quote]

You think that was being flamed? With skin that thin, it’s a damn good thing you heal quickly.

[quote]bigdaddygypsy wrote:
Ah yes, because Testosterone equals douche.

I also heal scratches, scrapes, bruises, etc very fast. I have noticed a correlation with my lifting as well. It is even better now that I look after my nutrition and hydration.

I’d say use it, but don’t abuse it. You should still take good care of your body and it’ll continue to take good care of you.[/quote]

Thanks for the intelligent response. Good point.

Just check your log book. If your lifts are still going up even if you are using a higher frequency type of training then maybe you do recover quickly.

would you really be able to tell the difference?

Figure out some way to make yourself heal slowly, then lift, check your gains.

Then make yourself heal fast, lift, check gains.

now compare and you have your answer.

[quote]Bline wrote:
w00tage wrote:
If you do, then what? At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter. Work hard in the gym, if you recover quickly, then good for you. Are you looking for an ego boost or something?

WTF? My first post and I get a quip from a wanker. Flame on prick.
[/quote]

HAHAHAHA wanker. SHRIMP ON THE BARBIEE. Elloo mate gdday chap

Healing cuts and what not I would think would have no correlation to muscular recovery. As skin is made of different things than muscle.

lol.

bline is kind of a lamer.

you should cut yourself, post pics, and keep a log.