T Nation

Quick Critiques on Supp Brand

I have recently learned u cant mention certain supp brands on this site, no idea why nor do I care. Hopefully BSN aint one of them, cuz thats the point of my post here.

I want some feedback on the entire BSN line of products, mainly cellmass, nitrix, syntha 6, true mass, and axis HT (preferrably if you have STACKED them). How have they worked for you? I only want responses from ppl who have actually USED the supplements not someone who thinks they know how they work without actually using them, I see that annoying shit way too much on the net.

Anyway for those of you that have tried them, with success or not, I want some feedback. How much weight gain, strength gains, side effects, and how long you were on them and what else u stacked them with. Price isnt an issue I kind of like BSN marketing (shut up no one makes stuff that expensive without it working to some extent) and I have tasted the proteins from them and I love it, since Im currently not on supps at the moment I want to add them and i figure stacking supps from the same company makes sense. How have they worked or not worked? Details, and ONLY if you have used them or known someone who has. Thanks.

The main reason that you cannot mention certain supplement brands is because they are direct competition to what Biotest is selling, thus it makes no sense for them to allow the promotion of competing brands.

I used Syntha-6 and was not very impressed. The only thing decent about it was the taste, but that is because it is fairly high in fat. Also, the overall nutrient make-up was nothing exceptional, thus I did not re-prder after my first bin. Overall I have heard lackluster reviews about BSN products.

There are plenty of threads here already that discuss supplements, search for them and you will find plenty of info. Tons of people love the Biotest products, both for their taste and their results, so you might want to check 'em out.

Thanks, I have heard ppl talk about Biotest and say some good things. I will have a look…

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:
The main reason that you cannot mention certain supplement brands is because they are direct competition to what Biotest is selling, thus it makes no sense for them to allow the promotion of competing brands.
.[/quote]

The main reason that you cant mention a ‘certain’ supplement company is because a while back they threatened a bunch of lawsuits against various magazines, online forums etc where more experienced trainers and writers were talking about the low quality and BS marketing that they were engaging in. You see people talk about lots of other brands on here, just one in particular that the mods have to edit out.

S

[quote]minerfb09 wrote:
I have recently learned u cant mention certain supp brands on this site, no idea why nor do I care. Hopefully BSN aint one of them, cuz thats the point of my post here.

I want some feedback on the entire BSN line of products, mainly cellmass, nitrix, syntha 6, true mass, and axis HT (preferrably if you have STACKED them). How have they worked for you? I only want responses from ppl who have actually USED the supplements not someone who thinks they know how they work without actually using them, I see that annoying shit way too much on the net.

Anyway for those of you that have tried them, with success or not, I want some feedback. How much weight gain, strength gains, side effects, and how long you were on them and what else u stacked them with. Price isnt an issue I kind of like BSN marketing (shut up no one makes stuff that expensive without it working to some extent)

and I have tasted the proteins from them and I love it, since Im currently not on supps at the moment I want to add them and i figure stacking supps from the same company makes sense. How have they worked or not worked? Details, and ONLY if you have used them or known someone who has. Thanks.[/quote]

Does BSN not have a forum where you could ask this? I’ve always wondered about people asking for reviews of other supplement companies on Biotest forums. I don’t care one way or the other, just curious.

I don’t see how BSN products would be relevant on a Biotest forum. Everytime I hear of a supp with a name like Cellmass it makes me roll me eyes. Can’t help it, just a natural reaction.

Let’s not get crazy. I think if you were offered a contract by that supplement company you’d gladly take the stuff. I mean it gets to a point when creatine is creatine. Sure Biotest puts out the best stuff when it can and people stay loyal because of that but youre lying if you say you wont take free shit. I don’t buy a lot of supplements in general but when I do, I buy Biotest and their stuff doesn’t disappoint. But price is a big deal for a lot of people. Which is why BSN doesn’t get my money. I just don’t care to spend 30+ dollars on a tub of fancy creatine when I know Biotest makes high quality stuff for a normal price.

[quote]minerfb09 wrote:
I kind of like BSN marketing (shut up no one makes stuff that expensive without it working to some extent) [/quote]

There’s an effect called ‘perceived value’ where people believe a more-expensive product is higher quality. Price and quality are not always hand-in-hand. I’m not commenting on BSN, just suggesting that you think about the issue of ‘perceived value’.

[quote]minerfb09 wrote:
i figure stacking supps from the same company makes sense. [/quote]

Not necessarily so. A lot of companies make a variety of products to hit as many different sectors of consumers as possible. If somebody doesn’t want to buy ‘product A’, lets sell a ‘product B’ that might appeal to them more. Just because they are made by the same manufacturer doesn’t mean that they were designed with stacking in mind. A supplement formula might have been designed to compete with the top selling product - and that’s all - and not designed to work optimally well as part of a complete product line.

Again, not meant to comment on BSN, but to suggest that you are assuming things that might not be true.

[quote]minerfb09 wrote:
How have they worked or not worked? Details, and ONLY if you have used them or known someone who has. Thanks.[/quote]

I don’t know if there’s a single member here who will admit to using, let alone buying one of their products. There’s allways a chance I guess.

Thanks alot for the responses, most of the time when I post online questions anywhere else I get answers like “yeah dawg the BSN products r dope they get u huge in like two weeks” and its always from some stupid HS kid who is proud of his bench going from 125 to 155 on the smith machine or something. Mmmkay after this post I think its safe to say that most ppl on this site will give me the same answer as far as expensive supp brands.

I do agree with u guys though, I have read their ads and I cant help but laugh sometimes at the ridiculous way they try and make simple sentences sound so technical. I think I will give Biotest a try, has plenty of positive online reviews and plenty of raves from actual ppl here. Thanks again guys.