quick breakfast question

let me start by saying i am currently on t dawg 2.0. when i wake up in the morning i have a protein shake and 1/2cup of oats. about 1 hour later i have my usual breakfast of 3 eggs and 2-4oz of ham. does it make a difference if i eat the shake and oats by themselves rather than combining them with the ham and eggs? the reason i eat the shake and oats first is simply because when i wake up im sometimes not that hungry. does the shake and oats on their own have a different effect on insulin, as opposed to consuming as part of a bigger meal?

help?

It sounds like you are pretty new to this. I would say no, it doesn’t matter if you eat the shake and oats an hour early. You are doing right by eating the oats first, and not second. Just make sure you are getting the right amount of calories. The biggest thing is postworkout nutrition, take that ASAP after your workout.

Hi, there P-Dog. Don’t worry about it too much. Oats with a protein shake makes for a great P+C meal. But it really is a meal that can stand alone, meaning that you can wait your normal time between meals for the eggs and ham, which is a great P+F meal.

At the end of the day what matters most is that you met your protein requirements and kept your carbs to 70g or 100g. Of course I’d probably throw in that you met (and didn’t exceed) your caloric requirements (maintenance minus a 500 calorie deficit) and fat requirements (from good fats) also.

You’re doing great!

Yes. Read all of Berardi’s stuff here on T-mag.

sorry if that sounded like a newbie question. im pretty confident that my training and nutrition is in pretty good shape. that issue has bothered me for a while though and just wanted to clear it up.

thanks for the responses.