Quick Anabolic Diet Questions

The title of this thread should say, “Anabolic Diet questions for those who do not want to wade through 10,000 posts in the huge AD thread.”

Anyway, I figured that as a beginner on the AD diet, I could ask some questions that a lot of beginners might have and then those answers would be kept in a much less cluttered thread. It’s not that I’m lazy and don’t want to read the whole AD thread, but that will take days, if not weeks. So if anyone has good experience on the Anabolic Diet, and wouldn’t mind answering some questions, that’d be a major help to me and to AD newbies.

1. When beginning the AD, is it okay to START at <30g of carbs?

2. When beginning the AD, is it okay to overcompensate with a hugely high amount of protein intake, while slowly ramping up fat (in my case, to 200g of fat)?

3. What are the best foods (fiber sources) to eat to maintain a “healthy” digestive system?

4. What are some foods that have hidden sugars in them that might put you over the hump and out of ketosis?

5. Is it necessarily true that it takes 90 days to reach a “fat adapted” state?

6. Can this diet cause short-term fat gain, for a beginner, due to the dietary transformation?

7. What are some of the essential supplements for the AD?

8. What does an Anabolic Dieter’s pre, during, and post-workout shake consist of?

9. Is whole-grain cereal okay as part of a carb-up day?

10. What are the most cost-effective foods for the AD, besides eggs?

Thanks fellas,

Chris

1. Keep it between 20 and 30.

2. No, eat the fat.

3. Veggies.

4. Anything that didn’t have a face or grow in the dirt. And you don’t want to be in ketosis.

5. Fully adapted, I’d say it takes longer.

6. If you do it stupidly, yes.

7. Protein powder, fish oil.

8. Protein.

9. Yes.

10. Whatever meat is on sale.

You do need to read through the thread, trust me. And it sounds like you don’t have the book either. Get it.

The thing is if you actually read thru the thread you would find all the answers to your questions and more.

Like Brent said, do you even own the book? You can get it online for free some places. How about you do at least a little research before asking such basic questions.

[quote]greekdawg wrote:
You can get it online for free some places.[/quote]

Where?

[quote]thrasher wrote:
greekdawg wrote:
You can get it online for free some places.

Where?

[/quote]

Why not give the author/creator of the anabolic diet his due and actually pay for what he wrote? It’s not an expensive book.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
thrasher wrote:
greekdawg wrote:
You can get it online for free some places.

Where?

Why not give the author/creator of the anabolic diet his due and actually pay for what he wrote? It’s not an expensive book.[/quote]

I have no problem paying for the book, I just wanna know if there’s anything in the book I will learn that I won’t learn reading the couple threads I’ve seen.

There is. No go buy it.

[quote]thrasher wrote:
I have no problem paying for the book, I just wanna know if there’s anything in the book I will learn that I won’t learn reading the couple threads I’ve seen.[/quote]

It’s like this. Imagine you show up to see a speaker talk about some cutting-edge stuff. Unfortunately, you miss the speech. There is a long Q&A, however.

Do you think you’ve missed out on some things by missing the speech? Of course.

Those AD threads are a lot like that. Good Q&A, but you’ve still missed the speech.

[quote]greekdawg wrote:
Like Brent said, do you even own the book? You can get it online for free some places. How about you do at least a little research before asking such basic questions.[/quote]

I agree. I also wonder why people answer these threads. Do the people responding really think that a person so lazy that he won’t do at least some remedial research (there were no hard questions asked) would stick out a tough diet?

I could understand if the OP were dumb. But he’s not an idiot, and he’s certainly smart enough to do some reading before asking any questions. He’s just lazy.

Why cater to the lazy?

You can get a free abridged electronic version of the Anabolic Solution on the Metabolic Diet website:

www.metabolicdiet.com/promo/as_abr.htm

I have no idea what is contained in it though as I own all the books, but maybe it will be worth it for you to check it out before you buy…

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
greekdawg wrote:
Like Brent said, do you even own the book? You can get it online for free some places. How about you do at least a little research before asking such basic questions.

I agree. I also wonder why people answer these threads. Do the people responding really think that a person so lazy that he won’t do at least some remedial research (there were no hard questions asked) would stick out a tough diet?

I could understand if the OP were dumb. But he’s not an idiot, and he’s certainly smart enough to do some reading before asking any questions. He’s just lazy.

Why cater to the lazy? [/quote]

Calling me lazy? I’ve lost 50 lbs without T-Nation or any such cutting edge help. I ate low carbs and high protein, and ran and lifted a lot. Now I’m more precise. I was just trying to get some preliminary questions out of the way, rather than sift through what might be tons of BS in the huge AD thread.

Christ.

[quote]dhuge67 wrote:
CaliforniaLaw wrote:
greekdawg wrote:

Why cater to the lazy?

Calling me lazy? I’ve lost 50 lbs without T-Nation or any such cutting edge help. I ate low carbs and high protein, and ran and lifted a lot. Now I’m more precise. I was just trying to get some preliminary questions out of the way, rather than sift through what might be tons of BS in the huge AD thread.

Christ.[/quote]

That’s the thing, no one is asking you to do what we haven’t done. Ive read that thread through and through a few times. If you’re wanting to be spoonfed alot of people aren’t going to like it and you will get these type of responses. Not trying to be a dick, just telling you how it is here. The questions you asked are so basic they could easily be answered by reading the book.

And like I said, there is tons of golden nuggets all through out that thread that helped me, stuff that is not in the book. So you say you are not lazy, I’m not here to call you lazy or not, but how serious are you about this? Read a few pages a day, thats what I did.

[quote]dhuge67 wrote:
CaliforniaLaw wrote:
greekdawg wrote:

Why cater to the lazy?

Christ.[/quote]

Huge, check your pm, let's sort this out for you bro...

ToneBone

[quote]greekdawg wrote:
dhuge67 wrote:
CaliforniaLaw wrote:
greekdawg wrote:

Why cater to the lazy?

Christ.

That’s the thing, no one is asking you to do what we haven’t done. Ive read that thread through and through a few times. If you’re wanting to be spoonfed alot of people aren’t going to like it and you will get these type of responses. Not trying to be a dick, just telling you how it is here. The questions you asked are so basic they could easily be answered by reading the book.

And like I said, there is tons of golden nuggets all through out that thread that helped me, stuff that is not in the book. So you say you are not lazy, I’m not here to call you lazy or not, but how serious are you about this? Read a few pages a day, thats what I did.[/quote]

Actually, I stated that I would read some of that thread, each day. Please read the original post before you go bandwagoning with the rest of the group who like to just go wild on people for not adhering to their unwritten rules about thread-reading/searching.

This entire thread probably is contained in the AD thread, but why not chop it down to a shorter…nevermind.

Again, Christ.