Quick-2-Eat Food.

i was wondering if anyone can give me ideas on quick and easy to eat food please.
the job i currently have only gives me a 30mins break within 9 hours of work.

half of my daily meals have been consisting of liquid meals made of cottage cheese, eggs, peanut butter, whey and milk.

but i have been working up to my massive eating calorie target, which means thier isn’t much space for me to be adding more ingredients to the drink bottle i use.

and i am runnig out of ideas to meet my meal targets (951cals per meal. 58g of protein (6 meals), 92g of carbs (three meals) and 38g fat (three meals)).

any help? i’m finsing it very hard to eat the amount of calories i should (based on massive eating), whilst not spenind time eating when i should be working.

Prepare more food ahead of time and take it with you so you can easily microwave it and eat it at work.

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
Prepare more food ahead of time and take it with you so you can easily microwave it and eat it at work.[/quote]

That’s the problem, I can’t. Trust me, if I could I would. but i only get one 30 mins, within 9 hours (thats typical hours here in the UK). i need to be able to eat something…FAST.

Save the microwave meal for your 30-minute break.

Stick to all the usual stuff for your other meals.

Protein powders
Cottage cheese
Canned tuna
Beef jerky
Raw nuts
Assorted fruits and veggies
PB&J sandwiches (all natural peanut butter, whole wheat bread, fruit preserves)
Cold cut sandwiches on wheat bread

First off, don't for one second believe that any of the following suggestions that I am going to give you are going to be ideal.  most of my suggestions are going to be processed food and also be higher in sugar.  too bad!  you are looking to make the best out of a bad situation here.  if the world was perfect, we would be able to sit down and eat every meal slowly and peacefully, however that shit ain't happening here. 
 I am a personal trainer and I get my balls broken to no end about eating on the gym floor, even if I have 5 or 6 clients in a row which would easily violate my eat every 2 to 3 hours rule(my company doesn't seem to give a shit that I am fit, just that I sell fit and make them money I guess).
 I think you have been given some very good advice here.  eat the microwave meal on your 30 min break and then save all the other stuff in your desk/locker, and eat it while you can.

I take whole wheat bread and toast it in the morning and smother it with natural peanut butter and fruit preserves. Put it in the fridge in a baggie or tupperwear, and eat it when you can, it tastes fucking amazing. another option it to make a big salad and leave it in your desk drawer and pick at it while you can. protein shakes work very well, as do power bars and protein bars. raisins, beef jerky, milk and some fruit/vegetables will also suffice (pick at bags of spinach, carrots, bananas, grapes, oranges, apples if you can eat them fast, I have to hide them whenever my manager comes downstairs)
If you cannot make the above suggestions work then I suggest that you either get a new friggin job or rethink your goals and make them not all too aggressive. I have gone to the extent of having clients come in 15 minutes later just so I can eat, or not agreeing to appointments at all. Life is all about priorities and the decisions that you make on a daily basis reflect what your priorities really are. talk is cheap, action is where the money is.

I have a similar trouble in between lectures. I try to eat foods that don’t need chewing in this situation so no raw carrots etc…

I try to make stews the night before that I can gobble really fast the next day. Try a lentil stew with chicken and whatever veggies you want to throw in. It goes down really easy.

I was going to buy a blender in a bit too to make veggie shakes to reduce my chewing time.

Here are a few ideas:

1. I’m sure you’ve already thought of this–protein bars.

2. You can use protein powders to make pudding: tasty, easy to cary, and quick to eat

3. As already suggested, nuts and seeds: a concentrated source of calories and nutritional oils. One ounce of nuts generally contain about 14g.(a tablespoon) of healthy oils. Humus and whole wheat pita bread makes a great quick snack.

4. Simple meals prepared ahead of time. For example: tuna/chicken salad with tomatoe slices and yam; bell pepper or tomatoe stuffed with tuna/chicken salad,etc., etc., etc.

I can eat one of these “quick meals” in two or three minutes, less if I have to.

1. Whole grain muffins baked with protein powder

2. Get a food dehydrator and prepare low glycemic index fruit and jerky: turkey as well as beef (deer meat makes great jerky).

I think simplicity is the key for success in nutrition.

Hope this helps,

Crowbar