Quick 1000 Calorie Meals

If you can plan ahead of time there’s a whole list of crock pot meals that are easy to prepare in bulk. Just search the site there’s a whole thread or two with all kinds of great ideas.

I’m a fan of pan-seared meats like pork loin, steak, ground beef patties, chicken, fish, microwave or steamed veggies and a baked potato or other simple carb. I have a cast iron pan I use and the longest part of prep time is getting the pan up to temperature, but it cooks meat very well indoors without a lot of fuss.

Baking a bunch of potatoes ahead of time can cut that kind of meal prep time down to under 10 minutes.

Take the same pre-baked potatoes and make home fries and scrambled eggs with spinach.

If you have a little more time, roast chicken is great and cheap. I’m a fan of spatchocking (kind of like butterflying) a whole chicken and roasting it that way. I like how it cooks better than putting the bird right into the oven, plus you can cook a 5lb chicken at 425 in about 45-50 min if you spatchcock it. There’s easy meat for couple days. Roast some carrots and other veggies next to it, plus some potatoes too.

I like to make big meatloafs too, and you can use oatmeal for binder instead of bread. I’ll make a 3 lb meatloaf ahead of time and pan-sear slices of it when I want a quick meal.

Lots of options man you just gotta figure out what you like and figure out how to fit it into your life. Keep working on your cooking skills too. That will pay dividends down the line.

3 Likes