Questions: Supplements, Ego, and Muscle

Hello back to ask more questions :slight_smile:

1. How would you justify spending money in supplements ?
    Like between tax and shipping costs me around 300 euro for 2months …about 500 dollars. I get called crazy alot due to it, i dont see anything wrong with it, but im not to sure how to phrase it.

2. Today was a GREAT day, i was doing triceps and some girl came up and said i was well built ^^
    Man my ego soared about 20 points so i know im on the right track or am i …
    Do you base how good you look on er general fitness people, would you take that comment well or dis-regard it. Like i want to hit Prof’s or Rainjacks size but i doubt it can be done in one sitting :slight_smile: And i need some guage when enough has been done, and you are your own worst critic.

3. Also, in regards to muscle, there are some people in my gym who look like tubs of goo, i defo DONT want that, i want the hard filled out look… Is it better that i gain weight THEN do strength to fill it out, whats the methodology behind it ???

All for now.
Cheers for the help ^^
Your in bb’ing

Also i was enquiring about DC and was “advised” its for exp gym goes only…
Why is that ???
I dont get why people who have been going longer get to use it and i cant…
I mean i out lift my mates who have been going to the gym 2-3 yrs in 2/3 big lifts (goddamn bench) so by that theory they CAN do it, but i cant ??
Whats the reasoning behind it ???

Do you remember the first workout you thought you trained really hard(maybe the very first one)? Looking back on it now don’t you realize that was nothing and NOW are you training harder?

Now add that up over 3-5 years and that’s your answer to why DC isn’t for you yet.

You need to have been there and done that in the gym, know how to put at least 25 lbs of LBM on your frame and have gotten over the OCD “I must” training that everyone has to go through.

The way you put that “advised” makes it seem like you think I’m trying to mislead you in some way. I’m not, and I want you to realize that this is NOT the best program for you.

[quote]Corkonian wrote:

Like between tax and shipping costs me around 300 euro for 2months …about 500 dollars. I get called crazy alot due to it, i dont see anything wrong with it, but im not to sure how to phrase it.

2. Today was a GREAT day, i was doing triceps and some girl came up and said i was well built ^^
    Man my ego soared about 20 points so i know im on the right track or am i …
    Do you base how good you look on er general fitness people, would you take that comment well or dis-regard it. Like i want to hit Prof’s or Rainjacks size but i doubt it can be done in one sitting :slight_smile: And i need some guage when enough has been done, and you are your own worst critic.

3. Also, in regards to muscle, there are some people in my gym who look like tubs of goo, i defo DONT want that, i want the hard filled out look… Is it better that i gain weight THEN do strength to fill it out, whats the methodology behind it ???

All for now.
Cheers for the help ^^
Your in bb’ing[/quote]

1. “You spend too much money on supplements”

Your reply; “Fuck Off!”

(You don’t need to justify what you do to anyone. Especially those that choose to not understand.)

1. Looking better than the general public is nice and so are the compliments. Don’t stop there. More is never enough.

2. Gain weight, make sure most of it is muscle but don’t be afraid of a little fat mass or you’ll be stuck at your current level of muscle-mass FOR. EV. ER!

[quote]Corkonian wrote:
Also i was enquiring about DC and was “advised” its for exp gym goes only…
Why is that ???
I dont get why people who have been going longer get to use it and i cant…
I mean i out lift my mates who have been going to the gym 2-3 yrs in 2/3 big lifts (goddamn bench) so by that theory they CAN do it, but i cant ??
Whats the reasoning behind it ???[/quote]
Because a beginner doesn’t have the ability to push themselves hard enough. They may think they know how, but they really don’t. They make better gains on different programs.

And you may be able to outlift your friends but that only means one thing…you can outlift your friends.

If you, a newer lifter than them, can outlift them, they shoudln’t be doing it either. understand?

You have many many easier programs available that will give you the gains DC may give a more experienced lifter who struggles to gain anything from most even with use of AAS sometimes!

Save DC for later on in life when you may need that extra stimulus, put it in your toolbox for later.

As for the supplements, it IS upto you, but just listen to my opinion. Protein and Omega’s 3,6,9(OIL) are the ABSOLUTE necessities.
If you have the money, you would do well to buy Creatine and BCAA’s in abundance too. Other than that - treat your self to a NO booster once in a while (i like to use one particular brand that really works lovely) and then save your money, i promise you that all the latest and greatest supplements are often a very clever way to empty your pockets and fill someone elses. And i, like most here have at one tme been folled by those brightly coloured pages in the mags promising “Ruhl’s arms in 30 days…”

There are a MILLION fantastic (i mean it, i wish i knew about Tnation when i was starting out) programs in the site, go to stripped down hypertrophy and do that for 2-3 months… you’ll be pleased you did!

Joe

I justify protein powder easily, it would cost me more in food to replicate the protein and far more in time preparing it. Beyond that, it is up to you. If they help you and you feel it is worth the cost, then they are worth the cost. Unless you are having to preform illegal activities to afford your supps or you are neglecting those whom rely on you for financial support, whose business is it what you spend on supps?

[quote]Corkonian wrote:

[/quote]

To judge if it was truly crazy or not we have to know your financial situation. For instance, if you are giving up saving for retirement to buy supplements than yes… that is crazy. If you are financially well off than no, that isn’t crazy.

I know your probably right, just im fairly pissed that im being told im not good enough yet for something :smiley:
Also can you learn “intensity” i mean isn’t that just in the make up of your personality or not … you CAN either hit the weights constantly challenge yourself or not… i dont see how time makes a difference…
Or if im missing something.

Also understand this IS NOT anything against you, just in general how can you sub divide programs by how long you have been going to the gym …

Cheers

[quote]Corkonian wrote:
I know your probably right, just im fairly pissed that im being told im not good enough yet for something :smiley:
Also can you learn “intensity” i mean isn’t that just in the make up of your personality or not … you CAN either hit the weights constantly challenge yourself or not… i dont see how time makes a difference…
Or if im missing something.

Also understand this IS NOT anything against you, just in general how can you sub divide programs by how long you have been going to the gym …

Cheers[/quote]

From what I have read of this conversation here and on other threads, I do not believe anyone is saying you are not good enough but rather that the DC techniques (this is what you are talking about, right?) is unnecessary for you right now. You will grow and make gains on less extreme methods. Be grateful for this.

These suggestions, and I speak here of mine and others, is based off years of experience and perspective. Something you do not have, nor are expected to have, after nine months of lifting. This is the case of needing to listen to the metaphorical (and I am sure in many cases actual) big guys in the gym. Be grateful you are in the fast growing time of your life. It can and will get more difficult latter. Save DC for latter.

I am sure you have seen around the site conversations talking about the look of mature muscle (hard) and young muscle (soft). You can see this in Arnold’s photos through his career. It is from an extended amount of time, i.e. years, under the weight. This cannot be rushed. Somethings come with time.

Er ok.
That makes sense.

Thread done.

Wow
Living over seas is costly!

High gas prices, food prices, sup prices going up…

hey! That’s here too now…

Damn