Questions on 2 Foods

Ok my cousin told me a rumor that he had hear about yogurt, and he said that eating to much of it can be very unhealthy for your, is that true?

Also, I eat a lot of eggs. Usually I cant decide what to eat and eggs only take like 5 minutes to make, but is it bad for you to eat to many eggs because of cholesterol?

too much of anything is bad.

define too much?

good question though, as some days I’ll eat up 3 cups of yogurt (plain and organic with live cultures)

Eat lots of fiber, that way what your body doesn’t use it craps out. The problems come when foods stay in the body to long. Also remember most of those articles are for lazy asses not athletes.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
define too much?

good question though, as some days I’ll eat up 3 cups of yogurt (plain and organic with live cultures)[/quote]

Well as for the eggs(overeasy), like 4 everyother day? For yogurt I always have 1 cup in my protein shake that I only eat after my workouts (Mon., Wed., Fri.). Then once in a while I’ll eat a cup of yogurt/peanuts for a quick snack. Maybe I’m not eating as much of it as I think…

well dude thats not that many eggs at all, i eat 3 whole eggs every morning for breakfast. Eggs only raise good cholesterol so dont worry about that and as far as the yogurt thing goes, if theres a problem with it its probably when you eat like a few cups a day,not at the rate your going. TC has yogurt as a superfood so it cant be that bad.

egg yolks have alot of the bad cholesterol, eggs are a great source of protein
Most yogurts have wayyy to much sugar, try finding a yogurt with low sugar, it also has healthy fats, a moderate amount of carbs and some protein.

I eat 3-4 whole omega 3 hardboiled eggs every few days. I am not worried at all about the cholesterol since my diet is very good overall. I have heard that eggs dont raise the bad cholesterol anyway.

The yogurts do have quite abit of sugars but other than that they are not a bad thing from time to time

The only way to know if eggs will effect your cholesterol is have it tested. Go awhile without yolks, get tested. Then add eggs and test. I was eating 6-8 eggs a day at one point with no increase in my LDL levels. My cousin on the other hand can’t have more than 2 eggs a week without his LDLs rising. Its all individual.

[quote]crod266 wrote:
well dude thats not that many eggs at all, i eat 3 whole eggs every morning for breakfast. Eggs only raise good cholesterol so dont worry about that and as far as the yogurt thing goes, if theres a problem with it its probably when you eat like a few cups a day,not at the rate your going. TC has yogurt as a superfood so it cant be that bad. [/quote]

Yeah I figured at the rate I ate them that it wouldnt effect me negatively, but as Elusive said, some people cant handle the cholesterol. My diet is pretty clean the way it is and my madre buys the lowfat yogurt or whatever so I think I should be good. Thanks for the info guys

[quote]t-man200 wrote:
egg yolks have alot of the bad cholesterol, eggs are a great source of protein
Most yogurts have wayyy to much sugar, try finding a yogurt with low sugar, it also has healthy fats, a moderate amount of carbs and some protein. [/quote]

First of all, eggs don’t “have” bad cholesterol. They just have cholesterol. The whole good/bad nonsense has to do with the lipids that transport the cholesterol in your body. And the only meaningful correlations that have been found to date between blood lipids and disease are NEGATIVE, meaning low levels of lipids correlate more strongly with mortality. But we are still stumbling around in the dark thinking that eggs are bad and cereal is good.

Anyhow, eat your fucking eggs. Lots of them. And eat whole, plain yogurt. It is a good protein source, and has active cultures which help with digestion and overall intestinal health.

EGGS ARE GOOD. In fact, you are not eating enough of them. The only problem with eggs is that if you eat a bunchy of them everyday, you could develop an allergy. If you are eating them every other day, I suspect that risk is diminished.

Real yoghurt is good. Get the unflavored kind though and make sure that it has acidophilus a plenty in it to get the probiotic benefits. Dannon and Yoplait are crap as are most of the ones you find in big supermarket chains. Most of the kind that have gelatin in it have little or no acidophilus.

I just read this article yesterday which was very recently accepted for publication. It’s of study of men on restricted carb diets, the experimental group ate 620 mg of additional cholesterol from eggs, while the control group had no eggs.

They found that those eating the eggs lowered their bad cholesterol and raised their good cholesterol.

This seems to agree with other studies I have read, so I see no reason to worry about eggs at least for reasons of cholesterol.

Well any misconceptions that ive had about eggs are definatly gone. I’ll definatly be eating my fair share of those.

As for yogurt, i usually just put 8 oz. of strawberry flavored yogurt (some off brand that comes in a big container) in my protein shake because that basically gives it the flavor and its nutritional of course (i use ON vanilla, doesnt taste like much). Maybe I should switch to ON strawberry so I can use plain yogurt? Other than that when I eat yogurt I just eat the little land-o-lakes cups. I dont know how them are for value but they are pretty cheap.

good to know swordthrower
howie try some Biotest proteins they have much more flavor than ON protein

Good quality and price as well?

Also, what do you guys cook eggs(overeasy) with, cooking oil or butter?

And how does this look for a protein shake mix. I’ve been doin this for a while and it tastes amazing and fills you up.
1 Heaping scoop of protein (I use ON but perhaps Biotest?)
2 cups of milk
1/2 cup of fruit
1 cup yogurt