Questions from Fresh Meat

Having just discovered T-Nation and hardcore lifting about 5 months ago i have some questions that i’d like some answers to, the first questions needs some background being a sophomore in high school i was fortunate enough to have 2 great football players take me under their wing but the problem is they are now gone and i find myself not going as hard in the weight room training alone is their any tips or strategies that could push me back into my hard lifting as before?, secondly I’ve around that you should limit your workouts to about 45 mins total and i was wondering what are the negative impacts of going over 45 mins?

[quote]stevcerna wrote:
Having just discovered T-Nation and hardcore lifting about 5 months ago i have some questions that i’d like some answers to, the first questions needs some background being a sophomore in high school i was fortunate enough to have 2 great football players take me under their wing but the problem is they are now gone and i find myself not going as hard in the weight room training alone is their any tips or strategies that could push me back into my hard lifting as before?, secondly I’ve around that you should limit your workouts to about 45 mins total and i was wondering what are the negative impacts of going over 45 mins?[/quote]

1- this motivation has to come from within. You need to ask yourself some very hard questions about what you want to get out of playing football. Do you want to coast by and just be average? Or do something great?

2- don’t worry about this. It is basically just a suggestion because a lot of new guys will be in the gym for 2 hours, and there’s no reason for it. Just go in, get your stuff done, and get out.

[quote]stevcerna wrote:
I’ve around that you should limit your workouts to about 45 mins total and i was wondering what are the negative impacts of going over 45 mins?[/quote]
None, especially if you drink carbs and protein before and/or during your workout.

[quote]Chris87 wrote:

[quote]stevcerna wrote:
Having just discovered T-Nation and hardcore lifting about 5 months ago i have some questions that i’d like some answers to, the first questions needs some background being a sophomore in high school i was fortunate enough to have 2 great football players take me under their wing but the problem is they are now gone and i find myself not going as hard in the weight room training alone is their any tips or strategies that could push me back into my hard lifting as before?, secondly I’ve around that you should limit your workouts to about 45 mins total and i was wondering what are the negative impacts of going over 45 mins?[/quote]

1- this motivation has to come from within. You need to ask yourself some very hard questions about what you want to get out of playing football. Do you want to coast by and just be average? Or do something great?

2- don’t worry about this. It is basically just a suggestion because a lot of new guys will be in the gym for 2 hours, and there’s no reason for it. Just go in, get your stuff done, and get out. [/quote]

Well i still have the motivation to get in and hit the weights but i find myself being sluggish or not hitting the same numbers i did when i had my training partners i’m not sure if it just a mental thing or motvational…so about and 1 and a half workout isnt anything to worry about?

[quote]kakno wrote:

[quote]stevcerna wrote:
I’ve around that you should limit your workouts to about 45 mins total and i was wondering what are the negative impacts of going over 45 mins?[/quote]
None, especially if you drink carbs and protein before and/or during your workout.[/quote]

Well i stick to water during because drinking/doing anything else kinda takes me off track of my workout but i do drink before and after a mix of soy nut butter, 2 eggs, OJ, milk, and honey