Questions for Those Who Self-Inject

As I,ve said in other posts, I am in the process of learning about TRT before I decide what I am going to do.

If my insurance covers it I guess the gel would be the easier (less time consuming, less invasive) way to go. From what I’ve been reading, though, injections are the most effectiveway to go.

If I’m injecting hcg,too, that means I’m going to be injecting myself everyday for the rest of my life.

My questions are How dfficult is it tolearn how to do it?
How much time does it take?
Is it painful?
Do you just switch thighs EOD or can you do theseSC injections other places(butt, deltoids, stomach)?

I inject .25ml T-Cyp (50mg) 23 (or 25?) guage 1" and .2ml HCG (200iu) .5" insulin needles EOD on the same day.

it is very easy to learn.
it doesn’t take much time at all. maybe 5 minutes every other day.
I inject in the Ventrogluteal Muscle (hip) where there are fewer nerves. It does hurt every now and then, but mostly I don’t feel a thing.
I alternate hips with every injection.

SC shots I do anywhere thigh,deltoids, stomach, triceps. The 25g thighs glutes and delts. The only day I don’t inject is Sunday.

I inject every 5 days using a 1" 25 G needle in the upper glute. I rotate right side/left side. I have tried 1.5" 22 G needles as well, but they can be a bit brutal. They do have the advantage of drawing quicker. The 25 G needles are really painless.

I have tried injection periods of 2 weeks to 2 days, and settled on every 5 days. It works well for me. I know one week is too long, as I will feel a drop-off by day 6. I really cannot feel any difference, however, if I inject more frequently than every 5 days. YMMV. I takes 5-10 minutes max for the injection, and most of that time is waiting for the stuff to draw. After the first couple of times, it is almost routine. Kind of fun, actually.

Do people not read any of the stickies on this site?

I never understand guys like you. Yes, I read the stickys. New guys come on here all the time. Whats wrong with asking fo new opionons and personal experiences.

Thanks to the guys that offered constructive insight.

Believe it or not, the stickies are not the source of all knowledge. One of the great things about this forum is the free exchange of information about a topic that has limited published information (and what is published is typically outdated) and can be downright intimidating for those who are in need. Nobody should be afraid to ask even the most basic question. Good luck, Virgil.

We have years of personal opinions for those who care to search.

[quote]pcdude wrote:
Believe it or not, the stickies are not the source of all knowledge. One of the great things about this forum is the free exchange of information about a topic that has limited published information (and what is published is typically outdated) and can be downright intimidating for those who are in need. Nobody should be afraid to ask even the most basic question. Good luck, Virgil.[/quote]

You’re right. 1,000 different people asking the exact same standard set of questions daily is great for fostering discussion. Enjoy learning from others who are too lazy to do the proper research when it is neatly laid out for them at the top of a forum. You guys all deserve each other.

[quote]pcdude wrote:
Believe it or not, the stickies are not the source of all knowledge. One of the great things about this forum is the free exchange of information about a topic that has limited published information (and what is published is typically outdated) and can be downright intimidating for those who are in need. Nobody should be afraid to ask even the most basic question. Good luck, Virgil.[/quote]

[quote]Virgil Hilts wrote:
I never understand guys like you. Yes, I read the stickys. New guys come on here all the time. Whats wrong with asking fo new opionons and personal experiences.

Thanks to the guys that offered constructive insight.[/quote]

showing some knowledge that you have read the stickies or searched through other threads goes a long way to making a good impression.

Do you have to? No - not at all, but I have only been posting for a very short time, and I am alreay getting frustrated with people posting the exact same question that has already been asked and answered a dozen times in the last two weeks alone (not that this thread is an example of that). The people that give advice here are doing so in an attempt to help other people struggling with something that they have also struggled with, but their good will probably only goes so far.

I can also easily see a point at which the primary posters just throw up their hands and give up and stop posting - as has happened with countless other forums in the past (at least based on the forums I have come across during my HRT research). I for one would like to avoid that, as I have learned a great deal from this forum, and I would like to continue learning.

so I would expect questions such as “have you read the stickies?” or “have you read through the other posts in this forum?” to continue.

Don’t get me wrong - I think the stickies are great and I applaud the efforts of ksman and others who have devoted so much time contributing to them. I just think that in this case Virgil had a question and although the topic is covered in the stickies, he was simply looking for some real-time feedback from those who had been through this before in order to make an important decision in his life. Comments like “Do people not read any of the stickies on this site?” simply discourages the asking of these questions and that is not what we should be doing. Really - how difficult is it to hit the “back” button on your browser if you do not want to continue to read the post? It’s not like we get “1000 different people” posting every day.

I guess that I am not willing to spend my time discussing at that level over and over again. Read the protocol for injections sticky and come back if you have questions. There is a injection fear factor that is significant, but easy to over come with a small amount of determination.