Questions for Older T-Nation Posters

It’s come to my attention that many posters here at T-Nation are on the far side of middle age and I realised that they must have a wealth of accumulated knowledge they could pass on to us younger folk. I’m no Spring chicken but many of the events that I’ve only read about, you lived through.

So I’ll get the ball rolling.

Have Big Macs always tasted the same? No? What were they like in the 70’s or 60’s? What are the differences?

When did you start noticing that Americans looked fatter than they used to?

How much bush is too much bush?

No idea. I did not eat them then and do not eat them now. How is that for wisdom to pass on?
My guess is they were larger and cheaper in the 70’s

[quote]pushharder wrote:
I’ll let someone else handle the Big Mac deal.

What I remember about the 60’s and 70’s is tits. Lots of beautifully supple, nipply titties.

Not so much nowadays in comparison.

[photo]40781[/photo]
[/quote]

Tits, and luxurious bush.
Ah, the good ol’ days!

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:
How much bush is too much bush?[/quote]

Bush 1 was okay.

In all seriousness though you shouldn’t have to chew your way in. Cue catchers mitt on barbershop floor joke.

All I remember about the Gulf War was seeing green night vision of scuds on the TV when we were on holidays at a beach house up the coast.

Define middle age.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
Define middle age.[/quote]

Halfway between birth and death. When do you plan on dying?

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
Define middle age.[/quote]

Halfway between birth and death. When do you plan on dying?[/quote]
Dont be obtuse. I consider middle age over 50, however not anyone else does. Your comment is vague in that regard.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
It’s come to my attention that many posters here at T-Nation are on the far side of middle age and I realised that they must have a wealth of accumulated knowledge they could pass on to us younger folk. I’m no Spring chicken but many of the events that I’ve only read about, you lived through.

So I’ll get the ball rolling.

Have Big Macs always tasted the same? No? What were they like in the 70’s or 60’s? What are the differences?[/quote]
The difference is that back then they were a once in a great while stop. The mom and pop stands had better burgers.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
I consider middle age over 50 [/quote]

I agree with this (for men). For women I think it’s anything over 40, even though they live longer.

Miss December 1968. Those were good days.

Yea guys- what were the dinosaurs like?

I’ll see myself out.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
All I remember about the Gulf War was seeing green night vision of scuds on the TV when we were on holidays at a beach house up the coast.[/quote]

I was senior is High school when the initial bombing happened. The night we started the “shock and awe” campaign I wrestled someone who was dead even in size, strength and skill. At one point, from the bottom of referees’ position I smashed the guy’s nose with my elbow, total accident, and he bled like a stuffed pig but they wouldn’t stop the match. My knee pads were sopping up blood. The ref made a half-assed effort to wipe it up when he could, but most of the mat was slick with blood from the guy. This was in the time just before strict rules came out about handling blood (at least locally) due to AIDs.

The match went into overtimme, and I finally won by a point. That match was more brutal and tiring than any actual fight I have been in before of since. When we got onto the bus the coach, a true old school (even back then) tough SOB, turned on the radio to let everyone hear the announcement and news of the start of the bombing. He had this look of pity for all his boys like he was sure his whole team would be going off to fight another foreign war. It was the only time he ever didn’t look angry.

Sitting on the bus, in my little high school mind, I was absolutely sure the war was going to be a long one (all the media at that time was playing up Iraq’s land war capabilities) and that I’d fighting it out in the dessert in a year or less. I was pretty far off base in my assessment, but it was the first time the world got “real” for me.

As far as general observations, since I am embracing my crusty ole’ man self these days, (re-growing the powerbeard–hipster be damned, which is colored like a badger brush now) I think people in general don’t have the fortitude and guts of people even 25 years ago. I am often amazed at how people will lie to each other simply because neither has the balls to speak or handle the truth. Groupthink seems to rule everything and people with thought out opinions are ignored if they run contrary to the accepted narrative. Kids, say what you mean, mean what you say for everyone’s sake.

Big Mac’s–I couldn’t tell you. Although I have an appetite that know little limits, I’ve never been a big McD’s fan other than their breakfast sandwiches.

I’m not that old, but I am grateful to have grown up in an era when our most technologically-advanced means of communication was the telephone. Glowing rectangles are great, but I’m not so sure that they are a net positive for child or adolescent development.

I remember the days where guys walked up to girls and actually talked to them. None of this shit texting we see today. Where I had the distinct advantage in being able to read body language and non verbal cues, not just stale font.

Just the days where you could hang out with your friends and everyone not be fixated on their cellphones. The days where you found the time for a movie in a newspaper, road the local bus known as the RTD (rough, tough, and dangerous), and staring at Kerri’s ass in her jean shorts as we came back from the beach.

Every man knows what I’m talking about, a girl whose caboose appeared so perfect, you thought the Almighty shaped it personally with his own hands.

The great white buffalo, great white buffalo, great white buffalo…if you saw Hot Tub Time Machine you would understand this reference.

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:
How much bush is too much bush?[/quote]

Anything more than a landing strip… Is too much.

I’ll make exceptions for the following:

1. mom’s of young kids…
  2. Spontaneous hookup’s. If you didn’t know it was coming
  3. You’re waiting for your next wax/appointment got canceled.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
I consider middle age over 50 [/quote]

I agree with this (for men). For women I think it’s anything over 40, even though they live longer.[/quote]

I’d say it could be as low as 35 depending on the dude, imo. But either way I’d say it starts in your 40’s until mid to late 50’s for “middle age”.