Questions for Chiropractors--Traction

I have this traction device…

http://www.cheaprelief.com/shop/CHPstore.cgi?user_action=detail&catalogno=NTX

Do you guys have any tips or warnings about it. Should I be sitting up or laying down? Can I resume everyday activity while I have this device on, or should I try to remain perfectly still. Also are ther restrictions on the way I move my neck immediately after I use this device?

I would try science instead of chiropractic.

worthless. Not smart to do on your own.
What exam was done to determine that traction was the treatment that is needed?
Who prescribed traction therapy?

[quote]jeffskee wrote:
I have this traction device…

http://www.cheaprelief.com/shop/CHPstore.cgi?user_action=detail&catalogno=NTX

Do you guys have any tips or warnings about it. Should I be sitting up or laying down? Can I resume everyday activity while I have this device on, or should I try to remain perfectly still. Also are ther restrictions on the way I move my neck immediately after I use this device?[/quote]

Such a device may provide pain relief but won’t replace long-term therapy by a competent chiropractor. If you have numerous vertabrae misaligned, only constant adjustment, as in DAILY, will resolve that.

Anyone worth his salt will adjust you once daily for at least two weeks, every other day for two weeks, then once per week for at least a year. Don’t expect immediate cures (it doesn’t work that way; you are re-aligning your spine).

Your insurance company won’t like this. They want you to go once every 3 months and get a prescription for an opiate-based pain killer. It saves them money but you’ll never be cured.

[quote]AynRandLuvr wrote:
Anyone worth his salt will adjust you once daily for at least two weeks, every other day for two weeks, then once per week for at least a year.
[/quote]

Yeah, I agree. That would be the best way to make the most money.
I would also think about going once a month for another 2 years as well. Those subluxations can be stubborn.

Sounds like tv has no idea what he his talking about…or at least no science to back up what he is saying anyways. Just a straw-man I can guess.

Any rate… i digress…I asked before, why do you want this thing? Seriously.

[quote]tv wrote:
AynRandLuvr wrote:
Anyone worth his salt will adjust you once daily for at least two weeks, every other day for two weeks, then once per week for at least a year.

Yeah, I agree. That would be the best way to make the most money.
I would also think about going once a month for another 2 years as well. Those subluxations can be stubborn.
[/quote]

All one has to do is say, “Doc, I really need this but I’m a working man. Can you help me some with the cost?” Unlike MDs, most go into chiro to help, not buy a new yacht.

that sounds like a bit over kill with the adjustments man… i like opiate pain killers and muscle relaxants.