T Nation

Questions for 1st Cycle

Hi guys,

I’ve been lurking around these forums, reading whatever subject I find interessting. I’ve been a regular @ T-Mag for some years now, and I have tried several of the Biotest products with good results.

I’m THINKING about doing my first cycle in about 6 months, but haven’t quite decided yet. First of all, I’m struggling with the fear of injecting chemicals into my body, and the possible side-effects it might have. Second, I really don’t know what steroids I should cycle. I have read up on whatever I can, but I’m still having difficulties to decide what I should try (if any).

I have searched this forum to look for any “newbie” questions, but without any luck. Is there an article ever written that might be of help of recommending a cycle? If not - what would be a good “newbie cycle”? I totally understand this question might be a tad bit general, but I honestly don’t know how else I can formulate it.

Basically, I’m looking to get some suggestions on what steroids/cycle would be ‘good’ to use that has minimal side-effects. I will rather do a cycle with good results and (close to) none side-effects rather than a cycle with tremendous results and (potentially high) side-effects.

Glad if someone could help me out with tips, advice etc. Maybe share some of your own experience on where to start first time around.

Thank you for your time!

Tor, Norway

The Steroid Newbie Thread

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do;jsessionid=2D58A719D8C0300301A81E8B65006659.ba13?id=354419

What are your stats and yrs. lifting experience?

MK

As common as this answer may be, go to the “Steroid Newbie Thread”. You should get a good start there. It will list a bunch of reference books as well that you can turn to and read up on, to get almost every answer you need. Books as those will give you typical dosages of certain chemicals, common stacking cycles, half-lives, and a list of most common side effects from each specific drug.

You need to know what you want, first. Are you looking to gain weight? Bulk? Rip up? What kind of goals do you expect? And in what given time frame? Answering these questions first will steer you in the right direction, and you can pick out the chemicals you want to try from there. Good luck.

Thanks for the heads-up!

I’ve been working out for about 4 years now. I was very sick last year and was hospitalized for a long time, not able to get nutrition from other than veins in my body. This - and the recovery time - put me out for a while, but I’m starting to get back on track.

My stats:
6’3
198lbs
Body-fat: around 8%
Bench: 260
Squat: 345