Questions Before Starting Clomid-Only Treatment

Does LH gonna work again as normal after jumping off HCG?

Maybe. Maybe not. Probably close though. Similar to stopping TRT in my opinion. Most people get their natural production back but it tends to be the same or less than before. I havenā€™t really looked into many studies regarding HCG specifically but thatā€™s what I believe.

I wouldnā€™t. Itā€™s not impossible though but not sure how well injecting an oil based substance and a water based one in the same syringe would go. HCG is also usually a subQ injection and T is more commonly IM. Iā€™d just do different injections in different days. You can use 1/2ā€ 30g syringes for both.

1 Like

You mention that itā€™s not any idea to cycle it, what about regarding effectiveness then?, do it works well even in longterm use?
Btw are you on standalone HCG yourself?

The vast majority of men regain normal LH production after ceasing TRT, HCG, I donā€™t remember of a single case where the HPTA didnā€™t recover because it isnā€™t very common. Youā€™re in for a rough ride cycling the HCG or any hormone therapy that is HPTA suppressive, when you stop the HCG your testosterone levels will drop quickly due to the very short half-life of HCG, your HPTA wonā€™t be functioning 100% and youā€™ll have low-T for a time and youā€™ll stop benefiting from the increase in testosterone.

There are some guys who canā€™t even tough HCG, it doesnā€™t work for everyone and one thing about HCG is it only stimulates half of the testicles.

How do I know if itā€™s work or not in blood test? the Total T are pretty high than previous test?

Do you also mean that HCG standalone being less effective over time when using in long term?

Well Iā€™m in my mid 30ā€™s with low T. Iā€™ve tried different supplement and all things that are consider to be neutral so I guess my last shot will be HCG for long term. 250 IU twice week.

HCG standalone never works out. Eventually you will make the switch.

Trust me youā€™ll know.

Provided you respond well to HCG, your testicles arenā€™t going to function optimally for your entire life. You have to prepare yourself that HCG might not work out for you and then itā€™s time for TRT.

The end game is TRT or until something better comes along.

Can I take Finastride while Iā€™m on HCG?

Not many people here will ever say taking finasteride is a good idea.

1 Like

Wy not?

Long term side effects. I would not say itā€™s common, but itā€™s common enough that Iā€™d avoid it. I still have issues from the stuff, I donā€™t think Iā€™ll ever have the same genital sensitivity at this point and I havenā€™t taken it since early 2018 or so

Google post finasteride syndrome.

Because if thereā€™s a 3% chance your dick never works again vs 99% chance youā€™ll lose your hair then Iā€™d say itā€™s time to invest in a nice Wahl. I have really good hair and I wouldnā€™t want to lose it. But Iā€™d be much happier as a bald guy who still had functioning boy parts rather than a full-headed eunuch.

Iā€™m experiencing receding hairline and thinner hair overall. What alternative do I have beside Finastride to prevent?

I havenā€™t finished researching thisā€¦ but look into topical dutasteride and see if it has lesser chances of side effects. Iā€™ve seen some people say it only has a few % reduction of DHT in your blood but is still effective at reducing it on your scalp and you only have to apply it once a week or so

Is that really any thing topical dutaseride? I googled it and thereā€™s none shop that sell it. Is that any new thing that you just put on the hair? Or do you maybe talk about minoxidil?

Not sure what youā€™re searching but it comes right up for me. It would be a prescription product that a compounding pharmacy would probably have to make. Itā€™s not something youā€™re going to find at Walmart.

There is and itā€™s expensive, but doesnā€™t 100% eliminate the risks of side effects. There was a member recently that was on the topical finasteride and has skin issues on his scalp to this day even after ceasing the topical treatment.

The risks of taking finasteride just isnā€™t worth it to me.

So you mean take finastride topical are safer and not oraly

Heā€™s saying neither is without risk.