Questions about "The Best Damn Workout Plan For Natural Lifters"

Perfect :ok_hand:t4: Thank you

1 Like

svarthjalmar,

You can change many variables in this this style of training. I’m actually running something pretty similar. The key is recovery. You can swap out anything you like insofar as you can recover. Your DL swap should be just fine, as long as you can recover. Regarding your second question about progression you might want to take a page out of RPT and Freeman’s “Squat Everday”. Try this…

1. Pick a rep range for your goal:
    hypertrophy - 6-8
    strength - 4-6
    power - 1-3

2. Using hypertrophy as an example do your warm up sets (perhaps 2 sets?) then attempt your top weight for as many “non grinding” reps as possible. If you fall between 6-8 then that’s where you should be. Progression will come in two forms:

Increasing Reps
Increasing Weight

So… the next time you lift… try to get 1 more rep. At any time you hit 8 reps without excessive grinding its time to move up in weight and repeat the process all over.

Best regards,

Ralphie

Has anybody made and excel spredsheet out of this program?

@bowlyblaise
A spreadsheet?? For what? It doesn’t work on percentages it goes by feel. You may want to keep a log but you certainly don’t need a spreadsheet.

Did he ever come out with this revised version?

@Sigil
I don’t think he ever officially did. I think it was briefly discussed superficially but I don’t think an article ever appeared. I may be wrong but I don’t remember seeing it.

1 Like

Dang it, ya got hit with presentation. Rarely should you ever say best, I’ve learned. As you’ve hit home there are different neurotypes. However, you must remember that the reason why your getting this blowback is most people want instant gratification. So, “natural” and “best” jump of the thread like “skittles” (for you non football fans, Marshawn Lynch was told by his mom when she’d give him a pack since he was little “because they’d make him run fast and play good”. “You don’t feel in Beast Mode. it feels you.”). My point is everyone wanted skittles but time has passed and now people have keto on the brain so Dez Bryant of the cowboys won’t even eat birthday cake.

Times change we get older new trends and fads appear. But the same is always true, people must have patience and figure out what works best for them. Plus our focus changes with life altering things or boredom. Everyone should take these things into account about an article.

Peace

If you follow the techniques outlined in the discussion below, you can program a routine for yourself:

https://forums.t-nation.com/t/best-damn-techniques/239491

1 Like