Questions About Protein/Amino Pulsing

Post away.

Hello:

Thib, Thanks for all your valuable info. One question though I am on a limmited budget and was wondering what would be the best approach with just bcaa’s, leucine and whey isolate protein. Thanks for all your help.

[quote]deshawn wrote:
Hello:

Thib, Thanks for all your valuable info. One question though I am on a limmited budget and was wondering what would be the best approach with just bcaa’s, leucine and whey isolate protein. Thanks for all your help. [/quote]

0.2g of BCAAs per pound 45 minutes before workout
5-7g leucine 20 minutes before workout
25g whey isolate and 20-30g of a fast-absorbed carb 10 minutes before workout
25g whey isolate and 5-7g of leucine during the workout (finishing pretty much with the end of the workout)
50g whey 15 minutes after the workout
5-7g leucine 80 minutes after the workout
50g whey 90 minutes after the workout

1 Like

Nothing about glutamine postworkout?

[quote]keepitshibby wrote:
Nothing about glutamine postworkout?[/quote]

No, unless you have a severe immune system problem.

Hey coach,

Using the above PARAWORKOUT strategie, BUT with Hydrolysed Casein, could one simply use less HC?

My understanding is that the lower the quality, the more is required, and the higher, slightly less…

For the LOW PROTEIN day. How would you suggest I set it up, given that I am on strict low carbs?

My OFF day happens to be my cheat day too btw, so the last meal of the day is high in both protein and carbs, which I take is okay, but confused as to what to eat for the first half?

Thanks,
GJ

[quote]Gymjunkie wrote:
Hey coach,

Using the above PARAWORKOUT strategie, BUT with Hydrolysed Casein, could one simply use less HC?

My understanding is that the lower the quality, the more is required, and the higher, slightly less…

For the LOW PROTEIN day. How would you suggest I set it up, given that I am on strict low carbs?

My OFF day happens to be my cheat day too btw, so the last meal of the day is high in both protein and carbs, which I take is okay, but confused as to what to eat for the first half?

Thanks,
GJ[/quote]

1. It is true that you need less casein hydrolysate to get the same anabolic effect as from whey isolate. From what I’ve notice so far, one scoop of Anaconda which has 12g of a unique form of casein hydrolysate is as effective as 30-40g of whey isolate. However I have no experience with casein hydrolysate of a lower quality.

2. For the first half go mostly with veggies, oils, small portions of nuts here and there.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
Gymjunkie wrote:
Hey coach,

Thanks,
GJ

1. It is true that you need less casein hydrolysate to get the same anabolic effect as from whey isolate. From what I’ve notice so far, one scoop of Anaconda which has 12g of a unique form of casein hydrolysate is as effective as 30-40g of whey isolate. However I have no experience with casein hydrolysate of a lower quality.

2. For the first half go mostly with veggies, oils, small portions of nuts here and there.[/quote]

Thanks coach,

I will use my discretion with the use of various quality Isolates etc and amounts, assessing weekly. I plan of keeping highest quality stuff I can get PARAWORKOUT and slightly lower quality isolate for the remainder pulses in the day(1-2).

Eager to see week 1 results.

Thanks,
GJ

deshawn wrote:
Hello:

Thib, Thanks for all your valuable info. One question though I am on a limmited budget and was wondering what would be the best approach with just bcaa’s, leucine and whey isolate protein. Thanks for all your help.

0.2g of BCAAs per pound 45 minutes before workout
5-7g leucine 20 minutes before workout
25g whey isolate and 20-30g of a fast-absorbed carb 10 minutes before workout
25g whey isolate and 5-7g of leucine during the workout (finishing pretty much with the end of the workout)
50g whey 15 minutes after the workout
5-7g leucine 80 minutes after the workout
50g whey 90 minutes after the workout[/quote]

Thanks for the response. What about pulsing on your off days. Thanks again

Needmassquick wrote:
Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

Let’s keep this fairly simple:

1. Keep the same para-workout protocol (well, dosing can change slightly) as it is the real key toward muscle growth (and thus avoid muscle losses)

2. Start the day with a protein pulse.

3. Start with three solid protein meals per day, with the most slowly digested foods consumed at the end of the day. These meals should prodive you with roughly 40-50g of protein each.

These three elements will be common to 99% of the diets out there, regardless of your goals.

1. Add the rest of the breakfast roughly 20min after the morning pulse. Depending on your goal the content in carbs and or fat will vary. If you include solid proteins, better make them easy to digest ones.

2. Add the nutrients to the other solid meals of the day. If you are more interested in muscle growth, add more energetic nutrients (carbs and or fat) to those meals, if you are more after fat loss, restrict one of them.

On a weekly basis, analyze your progress and decide whether you need to increase your food consumption or not.

So, unless I’m reading this wrong, you suggest only 3 meals a day + a morning pulse before breakfast? Is that only for cutting or in general?

Actually it’s 4 solid meals (breakfast + 3 other ones) plus the morning pulse, plus the para-workout nutrition. In a muscle growth phase you add another pulse shake around 90 minutes post-workout.[/quote]

Christian, just wanted to make sure I understood it correctly.

The only times we pulse is before the breakfast and around the workout. Nothing in between meals? So there will be around 4 hours between meals?

Thanks!

[quote]Quadforce wrote:
Needmassquick wrote:

1. Keep the same para-workout protocol (well, dosing can change slightly) as it is the real key toward muscle growth (and thus avoid muscle losses)

3. Start with three solid protein meals per day, with the most slowly digested foods consumed at the end of the day. These meals should prodive you with roughly 40-50g of protein each.

These three elements will be common to 99% of the diets out there, regardless of your goals.

1. Add the rest of the breakfast roughly 20min after the morning pulse. Depending on your goal the content in carbs and or fat will vary. If you include solid proteins, better make them easy to digest ones.

2. Add the nutrients to the other solid meals of the day. If you are more interested in muscle growth, add more energetic nutrients (carbs and or fat) to those meals, if you are more after fat loss, restrict one of them.

On a weekly basis, analyze your progress and decide whether you need to increase your food consumption or not.

So, unless I’m reading this wrong, you suggest only 3 meals a day + a morning pulse before breakfast? Is that only for cutting or in general?

Actually it’s 4 solid meals (breakfast + 3 other ones) plus the morning pulse, plus the para-workout nutrition. In a muscle growth phase you add another pulse shake around 90 minutes post-workout.

The only times we pulse is before the breakfast and around the workout. Nothing in between meals? So there will be around 4 hours between meals?

Thanks![/quote]

One more pulse is being used during a mass building phase

coach hello and have anice summer.i am a weightlifter with limit budget.i am traininig 6 times the week.can you give me proposals about good suplemation schedule for strength gains muscle recovery and energy during training?also i want to ask you if a person cant take caffeine for energy stimulation is anything to substitute the caffeine?i am looking forward to hearing for you.

Quadforce wrote:
Needmassquick wrote:

Actually it’s 4 solid meals (breakfast + 3 other ones) plus the morning pulse, plus the para-workout nutrition. In a muscle growth phase you add another pulse shake around 90 minutes post-workout.

Thanks!

One more pulse is being used during a mass building phase[/quote]

Where do you recommend to put it?

Thanks for the response

[quote]Quadforce wrote:
Quadforce wrote:
Needmassquick wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks for the response[/quote]

It depends on when you workout is and what is your eating schedule.

Quadforce wrote:
Quadforce wrote:
Needmassquick wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks for the response

It depends on when you workout is and what is your eating schedule.[/quote]

Pre-Breakfast - CH + 5g Leucine

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner

Para-workout nutrition according to your recommendations as close as possible
Workout

Pre-bed meal

[quote]Quadforce wrote:
Quadforce wrote:
Quadforce wrote:
Needmassquick wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks for the response

It depends on when you workout is and what is your eating schedule.

Pre-Breakfast - CH + 5g Leucine

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner

Para-workout nutrition according to your recommendations as close as possible
Workout

Pre-bed meal

[/quote]

Add another pulse between the end of your workout and your pre-bed meal. Ideally 60-90 minutes after the workout has ended.

Thanks a lot Christian!

Good day sir,

I am a Powerlifter and I was thinking about training twice per day only 3 days a week and 1 time on the 4th day; my assessories in the morning and my big lifts at night. My question is about fuel. I’ve tried that in the past, but I’ve been drained by the time the evening training session comes around. I am afraid to pack in the calories in between training sessions since I have to maintain weight due to Military standards.

What type of nutritional plan thoughout the day would be beneficial to fuel that evening workout? I’m still experimenting to what works best for me, but any advice and guidance would be appreciated.

Dayvon

Hey CT wasnt sure where to put this. I just wanted to say that you are an absolutely great coach. and an awesome guy to spend so much time answering all of our questions. Obviously you are extremely well liked on the site as you now have your own section on the forum. Just wanted to say thanks and keep up the good work.

Hi CT
This new forum is great.

I have a question about pulsing. At 7:00 I have CH then at 7:20 breakfast. I usually workout around 11 am. Should I add another pulse in between breakfast and the start of my para-workout nutrition or another meal?

Thanks for your help.