Questions About Peri-Workout Nutrition

CT,

Where does the insulin response come from in the ANACONDA protocol? The FINiBARs or ANACONDA/MAG-10 mixture. Just curious.

Thibs,

Are there lesser known vasodilator as effective or more effective as nitric oxide in terms of the pump effect, I am highly aware that nitric oxide is pretty much useless.

[quote]Therizza wrote:
CT,

Where does the insulin response come from in the ANACONDA protocol? The FINiBARs or ANACONDA/MAG-10 mixture. Just curious.[/quote]

tbe CH and Leucine is responsible for the insulin response

Is this still a solid protocol?

"The best protocol, the official one, will be:

-90 Alpha-GPC
-45 2 FINiBARs
-30 2 scoops Surge Workout Fuel
-15 2 scoops Surge Recovery
during the workout 2 scoops ANACONDA
60 minutes after the workout 20g ??
The minimal protocol is 1 of everything instead of 2 and the heavy loading is 3 instead of 2"

[quote]gabex wrote:

[quote]Therizza wrote:
CT,

Where does the insulin response come from in the ANACONDA protocol? The FINiBARs or ANACONDA/MAG-10 mixture. Just curious.[/quote]

tbe CH and Leucine is responsible for the insulin response[/quote]

Not totally correctā€¦ FINiBARs start it, leucine and CHY ramp it up.

[quote]Mondy wrote:
Thibs,

Are there lesser known vasodilator as effective or more effective as nitric oxide in terms of the pump effect, I am highly aware that nitric oxide is pretty much useless.[/quote]

You are correct, it is pretty much worthless. Sugar (well the insulin released) is a great vasodilatator, but can obviously lead to fat gain.

Resveratrol and celery seeds can help with blood vessel health which can lead to more vascularity and enhanced blood flow over time.

[quote]gvlahos wrote:
Is this still a solid protocol?

"The best protocol, the official one, will be:

-90 Alpha-GPC
-45 2 FINiBARs
-30 2 scoops Surge Workout Fuel
-15 2 scoops Surge Recovery
during the workout 2 scoops ANACONDA
60 minutes after the workout 20g ??
The minimal protocol is 1 of everything instead of 2 and the heavy loading is 3 instead of 2"
[/quote]

Itā€™s very good. Just a hassle to make 3 different shakes and the fluid intake is higher than with the current protocol.

Iā€™m currently able to dissolve 2 scoops of Surge Workout Fuel and Surge Recovery in 10 oz of water (each). So the pre workout drinks are 20 oz of water total. Then I drink another 20 or so during the workout.

Is the same thing possible with the newest protocol? Can the ANACONDA and MAG-10 be dissolved in less water?

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

[quote]gabex wrote:

[quote]Therizza wrote:
CT,

tbe CH and Leucine is responsible for the insulin response[/quote]

Not totally correctā€¦ FINiBARs start it, leucine and CHY ramp it up.[/quote]

Thanks CT, I was trying to clear this up for my own info.

CT-
becuase of my current situation i do not have access to Biotest products, and likely will not for another year or more.
I currently have access to a high-calorie supplement- (85g carbs, 9g fat, and 26g protein per serving)
could this supplement be used in peri-workout nutrition? i am currently using it post workout.

CT,

considering i cannot post this on the ANACONDA page yet because i am not getting it till christmas (christmas present), i was wondering if i could post a couple of nutrition questions here ahead of time regarding when i start using the protocol.

much appreciated.

Thibs,

What vitamin/minerals should a stressed middle age male individual focus on?

Thank you.

[quote]ajoeman wrote:
CT-
becuase of my current situation i do not have access to Biotest products, and likely will not for another year or more.
I currently have access to a high-calorie supplement- (85g carbs, 9g fat, and 26g protein per serving)
could this supplement be used in peri-workout nutrition? i am currently using it post workout.[/quote]

Itā€™s better than nothing, but wont come remotely close to the effects of the protocol.

People only tend to look at the macronutrients breakdown of the protocol and try to match the protein and carbs from it.

The problem is that this is really only 1 third of the equationā€¦ and if you only have a proper macronutrient quantities, not the same type (e.g. whey concentrate instead of casein hydrolysate, dextrose instead of rice oligodextrin and palatinose) you are not even getting that 1 third!

I would take the supplement you are talking about, 20 minutes before your workout. It will help you put on muscle slightly faster, but donā€™t expect miracles.

[quote]ds1973 wrote:
Iā€™m currently able to dissolve 2 scoops of Surge Workout Fuel and Surge Recovery in 10 oz of water (each). So the pre workout drinks are 20 oz of water total. Then I drink another 20 or so during the workout.

Is the same thing possible with the newest protocol? Can the ANACONDA and MAG-10 be dissolved in less water?
[/quote]

It ā€˜canā€™ be disolved in a lesser amount of water than what is recommended in the protocol. By that I mean that is physically possible, you actually donā€™t need much water to disolve the product.

HOWEVER the high water intake is part of the efficacy of the protocol. Hyperhydration is one of the most neglected aspect of stimulating growth. So if you use less water than recommended, the protocol will not be optimally effective.

Hi Coach!

Due to various reasons, i havent got access to Anaconda/Mag-10 YET!

I have been setting up around workouts as followsā€¦

30mins pre - V-Max Pump (a similar product to Workout Fuel) - Usually use WO Fuel but money restraints this month :frowning:
15mins pre - 1scoop Surge Recovery/~15-20g Casein Hydrolysate
From Beginning to end of workout - 1scoop Surge Recovery/~15-20g casein Hydrolysate

ā€¦My question is, would it be more efficient to seperate and have 2scoops Recovery before, then the CH for the workout or is it better to stick to what i am doing?

Thanks in advance!

Jamie

CT, Iā€™m currently working on losing scale weight (BF), but maintaining/increasing strength so I can drop a weight class in Highland Games. Iā€™m staying pretty low-carb (trace in veggies, eggs, maybe 1 medium tomato per day). Due to budget issues, I canā€™t buy the whole protocol, but Iā€™m thinking of replacing my peri-workout BCAA and Post-workout Grow! with Anaconda. Any thoughts?

[quote]HG Thrower wrote:
CT, Iā€™m currently working on losing scale weight (BF), but maintaining/increasing strength so I can drop a weight class in Highland Games. Iā€™m staying pretty low-carb (trace in veggies, eggs, maybe 1 medium tomato per day). Due to budget issues, I canā€™t buy the whole protocol, but Iā€™m thinking of replacing my peri-workout BCAA and Post-workout Grow! with Anaconda. Any thoughts?[/quote]

Although not optimal, it should work better than what you are doing as far as maintaining or increasing strength is concerned.

[quote]HG Thrower wrote:
CT, Iā€™m currently working on losing scale weight (BF), but maintaining/increasing strength so I can drop a weight class in Highland Games. Iā€™m staying pretty low-carb (trace in veggies, eggs, maybe 1 medium tomato per day). Due to budget issues, I canā€™t buy the whole protocol, but Iā€™m thinking of replacing my peri-workout BCAA and Post-workout Grow! with Anaconda. Any thoughts?[/quote]

Although not optimal, it should work better than what you are doing as far as maintaining or increasing strength is concerned.[/quote]

What would be optimal if I wanted to remain low-carb? (I seem to get the best results that way)

[quote]ds1973 wrote:

[/quote]

It ā€˜canā€™ be disolved in a lesser amount of water than what is recommended in the protocol. By that I mean that is physically possible, you actually donā€™t need much water to disolve the product.

HOWEVER the high water intake is part of the efficacy of the protocol. Hyperhydration is one of the most neglected aspect of stimulating growth. So if you use less water than recommended, the protocol will not be optimally effective.[/quote]

Iā€™m writing a paper on proper hydration for exercise and general health, do you have any reference/citations or evidence to back up hyperhydration for muscle growth?

Hey CT,

Right now I only have FINiBARs and MAG-10. Being a poor college boy I donā€™t have a lot of cash lying around for supplements so until I can afford to use ANACONDA how many scoops of MAG-10 should I use in my peri-workout protocol? Should I use 5 which would be the equivalent amount of CH used in the recommended protocol?