T Nation

Questions About Ectomorph Progress

Hey Folks,
Been visiting the site for a while but new to the forum and had a few questions. Hope this is the right section to ask. I have been working out for about a year and a half now and have always considered myself a hard gaining ectomorph but not sure anymore. Up until about 6 weeks ago I have been doing a low volume high intensity workout and about 6 weeks ago swapped over to dome GVT after hitting a plateau.

I have noticed some nice gains on the GVT program which leads me to my question about being an ectomorph, as I thought ectos did not respond well to high volume training. Also, I eat right at 4,000 calories a day but have maintained a weight of 194 lbs +/- 1 lb for several months now which leads me to my next question have reached the utopia of what is body recomp?

Am I trading roughly the same weight in body fat for that of muscle? I would think not but stranger things have happened I guess. The mirror doesn't lie so they say and the mirror says I am building muscle and looking leaner, the wife agrees. As far as y'all helping with determining my ectomorph status, below are my body measurements.

Sex: Male
Height: 6'
Weight: 195 lbs
BF%: 15% (calipers at home)
Neck: 15"
Chest: 45 1/4"
Shoulders: 51"
Left Bicep: 15"
Right Bicep: 15"
Left Forearm: 11 3/4"
Right Forearm: 11 3/4"
Left Wrist: 7"
Right Wrist: 7 1/8"
Waist: 34"
Hips: 40"
Left Thigh: 22"
Right Thigh: 21 1/2"
Left Calf: 16"
Right Calf: 15 1/2"
Left Ankle: 9"
Right Ankle: 9"

Thanks for any and all help

Don’t believe everything you read. Let your results dictate your actions.

[quote]ewmoose wrote:
always considered myself a hard gaining ectomorph

my question about being an ectomorph

I thought ectos

determining my ectomorph status[/quote]

Calipers are difficult to use, even more difficult to use on yourself. Better off sticking to how clothes are fitting, the tape measure, and photos.

Do you have a specific goal you’re shooting for?

I presume you’ve been progressing in the gym as well? Consistent strength gains are another way of making sure you’re moving in the right direction.

Like Dt said, don’t base your decisions on what an article or someone “says” you should be doing. Train and eat a certain way, see if you get closer to or further from your goal, and make adjustments if necessary. If you’ve been seeing steady results with GVT, stick with it a while longer.

^^ /thread

Thanks Chris I appreciate it. YES seeing great gains in the gym with the GVT and really enjoy the workout as well so that’s always good. I will stick with it a little longer and see if the gains keep coming.