T Nation

Questions About Creatine

I bought protein today and I got 500g of Creatine Monohydrate for free. I've never thought of using Creatine before, but now when I have a bottle, why not use it.

The problem is that I get a lot of conflicting advice on how much I should take and how often.

Is a loading phase necessary?

Apart from a possible loading phase, how much should I consume per day? I'm 190lbs by the way.

Is it necessary to take more Creatine on training days?

Thanks in advance.

the easiest way (and to avoid confusing the issue) is just to take about a teaspoon with your post workout shake and leave it at that. ..

It's exactly what I'm doing. I feel that the recovery is a little bit better. After reading a lot of articles and threads I concluded nobody says the same thing about creatine. Some says even it only makes your piss expensive...

I have read plenty of articles that have convinced me that loading is not necessary. On workouts days I dump 5 grams in my post workout shake.

Christopher

Dr. Lonman and I just did a Roundtable discussion on this and addressed many of these points.

It's builds off of previous work, so it's a good idea to start here: http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459369

Why have there been so many questions lately about the use of creatine? There's a search function and a couple articles.