Questions About Carbs & My New Diet

Would i gain any weight if i stick to eating protein and fat for every meal with carbs coming only from fruits and green veggies?

i’m trying to cut right now so i’m taking almost no carbs, but you need carbs after waking and after workout correct?

after workout i usualkly eat an apple(don’t know how many carbs) and protein shake with two scoops(48 G protein). i intake 160 g protein and ~70 g fat. virtually no carbs. breakfast in usually 2 eggs with broccoli and protein shake.

Yes, you will gain weight if you stick to eating protein and fat if you consume more calories than your body expends.

Eliminating all carbs except for fruits/veggies is a great way to really screw up your body’s tolerance for carbs. Unless you plan on living off no complex carbs for the rest of your life, that is a pretty bad idea.

[quote]talon2nr7588 wrote:
would i gain any weight if i stick to eating protein and fat for every meal with carbs coming only from fruits and green veggies?

i’m trying to cut right now so i’m taking almost no carbs, but you need carbs after waking and after workout correct?

after workout i usualkly eat an apple(don’t know how many carbs) and protein shake with two scoops(48 G protein). i intake 160 g protein and ~70 g fat. virtually no carbs. breakfast in usually 2 eggs with broccoli and protein shake.[/quote]

i’m not consuming more than my body expends. i’m taking in around 1500 calories

the carbs that i do eat are from green veggies and fruits

i should have changed my original post. i do take in carbs but they are the good ones

[quote]sloh wrote:
Eliminating all carbs except for fruits/veggies is a great way to really screw up your body’s tolerance for carbs. Unless you plan on living off no complex carbs for the rest of your life, that is a pretty bad idea.
[/quote]

How will this screw up your body’s tolerance for carbs?

i’m not consuming more than my body expends. i’m taking in around 1500 calories[/quote]

This seems too low, even for weight loss. Remember that you still want to eat enough to keep your metabolism elevated.

To give you any kind of sound advice it would be helpful if we knew a little bit about you, your diet, your training and your history. Give us some insight into this and then we can talk about your carbohydrate intake as it depends on so many variables and there is no rule that applies across the board.

Cheers,

Sasha

this sounds alot like JB’s precision nutrition, he states that you eat veggies and fruit throught the day with your meals, and only eat starchy carbs before, durring and after exercise.!!!

Would i gain any weight if i stick to eating protein and fat for every meal with carbs coming only from fruits and green veggies?
[/quote]

I’ve been doing this everyday for the past six months. Lost 30 pounds. It’s called the South Beach diet. My wife was tired of looking at me and bought the book. Anyway, you can lose weight and gain muscle. If you eat only complex carbs, then you can’t go wrong.

i’m 6’6", 161 lbs, weighted in this morning after waking. eat 160 g proetin per day. ~70 g of fat, trying to get my body accustomed to eating fat so that way it’ll start burning more fat. i got that from an articale called “redefinded transformation”. i do take fish oil, 3 caps per meal.

should i take the fish oil on workout days?

6’6 160lbs? wtf? there is no way you need to lose weight. you are a rail! and yes I take 14 fish oil pills a day.

I also only get my carbs from fruit, veggies, and oatmeal and milk only in the morning, and well Surge after training, sometimes before.

damn sorry about, that i meant 5’6"

i’m 6’6", 161 lbs, weighted in this morning after waking. eat 160 g proetin per day. ~70 g of fat, trying to get my body accustomed to eating fat so that way it’ll start burning more fat. i got that from an articale called “redefinded transformation”. i do take fish oil, 3 caps per meal.

should i take the fish oil on workout days?[/quote]

Ok, are you trying to shift your metabolism from a carbohydrate burning state to a fat burning one ala anabolic diet? If so then you need to approach that the way that Dr. DiPasquale laid out rather than a hybrid approach.

So if you are looking to get leaner I would primarily consume carbohydrates around your workouts, pre and post, and those can come from starchy sources. BCAAs between meals will help with preserving muscle mass and fish oil will support your fat loss goals. Gradually, as you take your carbohydrate levels down over time you want to up your protein to compensate.

That’s pretty much a topline of a few things you can do however I would encourage you to lay out a diet on paper and we can evaluate that.

Cheers,

Sasha

I still don’t think you need to diet at 5’6 160lbs I am about 5’6 as well and when I was racing motorcross a couple years ago dieted down to 155 and I still wasn’t very lean. One morning I weighed in at 146lbs and I said to myself, wtf I would bang chicks that weigh more than me… I am to damn light!

I now weigh 205, sure I have somewhat of a belly but from all the heavy lifting my abs are actually more visable now and ALOT bigger. I also get alot more compliments and looks now to.

I could easily lose 10lbs of fat but with me competing it is not the fastest way to strength gains.

Just food for thought,