I hope you're not the 6 foot male, 30 years of age and 190lbs eating 1000-1200 calories a day for 6 months...
In the example you gave above, I think it's safe to say that your body is storing anything you shove in your mouth as fat. I also think it's safe to say you've probably got some other imbalances going on and should give some serious thought to what you're doing to your body.
Lets change this up a bit in another example:
You're 5'6 and weight 225 and want to cut some bodyfat for summer so you look good on the beach. You currently eat a boatload of food (5-6k cal's a day) and work out hard in the gym. You're a monster in the gym, great strength and muscle development and just want to shed that little bit of fat.
- Consume 6-7 meals a day watching your diet and eating clean
- Reduce your calories slightly (my suggestion is 250-350 cal/day)
- Each week reduce your calories a bit more (again slowly)
- When you're in the gym, you really work your ass off.
If you do a set and can talk about anything afterwards, you are nowhere near the intensity level you need to be at. If a set calls for 10 reps and you bang out 12 the first set, then that's a warm-up set - your first set counts when you either fail on 10 reps, or do 9 reps and can't do one more. At that point, you can do a set and be gasping for breath between sets - there's the right intesnity level.
- Ensure you do steady-state cardio at the end of every weight training session for 20-30 minutes.
- Pick 1 day a week for high-intensity cardio and nothing more (no weights this day).
In a few months you notice that when you walk by, women are looking - and I mean LOOKING...
Continue the way you are, and people are looking, but wondering if you're an HIV patient...