Question Regarding HGH/Somatropin

Long time reader, first time poster here.

I would be very appreciative to any of the knowledgable people in this forum if they could answer a few of my questions.

I am an 18 year old male. I am 5’6".
I wish to be taller and have researched how to achieve this.
My conclusion is that injection of HGH is the only way.
I don’t have any insecurities in my opinion as it is similar to weightlifting in that i just want to improve my physique yet am very much mentally stable.

I’ve researched HGH and it’s mechanisms, side-effects and positive effects (other than the height increase).

I figured that if my growth plates close at around 25 (being that i am male) i could still get some growth in now.

What is the best way in which i could acquire growth hormone in your opinion?
I would of course prefer to do it legally from an endocrinologist. Do you think they would prescribe it for me?

If not then what are the alternative methods of acquiring it and how might i go about it? (in terms of who to go to in a gym or area)

I am from the UK btw.

Thanks.

I can tell you now, no reputable endocrinologist will prescribe a person who is 18 years-old and 5’6" any HGH, unless you come from a family of people well over 6’2". And even that is very debatable.

Your reasons for wanting to grow taller are purely cosmetic, and to the extent of my knowledge this is a very low priority for an endocrinologist to consider.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
However, your comment about 25 being the age at which the growth plates close, has me slightly concerned. Where did you get this figure from? Most physiology books quote a different number…

Bushy[/quote]

There is a local encrinology research facility near where I lived. Many years ago, when my parents were concerned about my lack of height (I was a mere 5’2" back then), they called and asked for information, and were told this similar number (25) as the age to wait for before looking into treatment.

But you’re right, most material I’ve read state the growth plates fuse at a much younger age.

Thanks for the replies thus far.

How tall are your parents BTW?

Also, are you aware that it’s not just your long bones that will grow, but all of them?

If you do this, I for one will be EXTREMELY interested in how it turns out.

So, if you can share more info with us, we’ll see what advice we may be able to offer…

Bushy[/quote]

My father is about my height. My mother is a couple of inches shorter.

I accept that i’m doing fine as far as my genetic potential based off my parents’ heights.
But I won’t mince words: I don’t want to play with the cards god dealt me, i want to choose my own.

I am aware of something referred to as circumferential growth, i.e. jaw, facial structure, wrist structure etc…
The only thing that would bother me about that would be if they grew disproportionately. Some say Jay Cutler has a HGH enlarged head. I think this would only be a problem for those taking very large amounts and not growing longitudinally. Same with the GH enlarged gut.

When reading up on metabolic syndrome, the main proponents said that a healthy, insulin-sensitizing, triglyceride-growing diet (aka paleolithic diet) produces humans who do not experience growth spurts but moreover have a steady continual growth up to the age of 25 as opposed to in modern society where people seem to shoot up inches at a time but then never grow past 16.

The proponents also stated that though they had longer growth period they would actually be shorter than modernized human’s.

The interesting thing that was stated was that features of the face which are found unattractive such as large noses or ears, crooked teeth, or unaesthetic bone structure are caused by these ‘unnatural’ spurts of growth modern humans experience.

I’m not saying all that is fact but i’m just laying it out there.

I’d be happy adding two inches. I’m not fooling myself into thinking i’ll be a six-footer after a few months of HGH.

As far as the age at which growth plates close. I stated that number because it seemed to be the more commonly stated number in various sources i have read. It could by all means be out by a couple of years but i have nothing else to go from.

Thanks, and i’m glad you’re interested.

As a side note: Do you believe i have any more growth in me sans HGH?

I have recently started going to the gym every day and will soon take up 100m sprinting.
What i’m after is the HGH release triggered by these types of stimuli.

(but a shot of synthesized HGH would probably blow that out of the water in terms of effectiveness)

I’d be happy if i though in the next three years i’d grow a couple of inches. However i’m doubtful of this happening without chemical intervention.

Thanks very much for the help so far and also to Renton who’s helped me via PMs.

My next step is to find a reliable online pharmacy and have you guys check it out for credibility.
I’ll post some up in a few hours and will be appreciative if you could glance over them. Especially ones you may have used yourself in the past.

I am excited to do this as a scientific endeavour and intend to make an accurate write-up with pictures, measurements (of course) and a log of general feeling for anyone else wishing to do this in the future.

AAhh no dont go and do that dude, everything you’ve done and said so far has been very researched and thought out… dont ruin it lol. If anything PM the sites you are wondering about to whom you choose dont throw them up here as then you will ruin the credibility, and get flamed… bad

You know I was thinking about this very topic while reading about Kenny George yesterday

He is a 7’7" 360lbs college basketball player (size 26 shoe) who has gigantism like Andre the Giant had where there is a tumor on the pituitary gland that makes it keep secreting GH.

It got me to thinking what would happen if you just exogenously supplied GH to a kid when he was growing…before the growth plates had fused.

I’m 6’4" 235lbs (played varsity Football, Hockey, and Rugby in HS) and my wife is a very lean and athleticly gifted 5’10" (she played competitive baseball, soccer, and ultimate frisbee)…I have always assumed that when we have kids they will be athletes (possibly very good ones) so it sort of sent me down this weird line of thinking that I could create an army of sons that would all be 6’8" 300+lbs pro-caliber athletes…not that I would ever do that because I think experimenting on children is really wrong but just from a theororetical standpoint it could work.

Obviously giving kids juice doesn’t work out all that well (there was that little hercules kid from eastern europe whos dad was likely giving him anavar in his protein shakes who got really jacked but i don’t think grew all that much because of his intense weight training), we are still pretty far away from the point where you can selectively genetically alter the myostatin gene (unless that kid in germany is not a random occurance which is possible…I put nothing past the germans in terms of performance enhancement), but what if you could use HGH effectively with younger athletes to stack the deck?

I continued growing (vertically) until I was about 20 or 21 (I only grew about another inch from the time I was 18 though)…so there may be some hope for the OP. I really don’t know enough about the topic to comment scientifically but I am very interested in this thread.

Ah, something else I learnt today (we were studying the endocrine system - again, lol).

Excess GH before closure of the epiphysial plates = gigantism.

Excess GH after skletal maturity = acromegally.

So, if you decide to self-administer GH my friend, I would suggest that you get yourself a height chart.

If you don’t begin to notice an increase in height, fairly quickly (say 3 months) after commencement of GH therapy, you might want to stop, on the basis that it’s too late, your growth plates have fused, and you are walking down a path to being fuggly (that is fu*kin ugly) as a result of acromegally.

Bushy[/quote]

Yes the gigantism and acromegally differences were what made me think that aslong as i can still grow longitudinaly, everything will stay in proportion.
I also agree with you about stopping it after 3 months if i see no difference.

[quote]FuriousGeorge wrote:

I continued growing (vertically) until I was about 20 or 21 (I only grew about another inch from the time I was 18 though)…so there may be some hope for the OP. I really don’t know enough about the topic to comment scientifically but I am very interested in this thread.
[/quote]

Thanks for letting me know about that. It does give me hope. Or more scientifically: evidence to show, atleast in your case, growth plates were not fused at age 18.

[quote]Game_over wrote:
AAhh no dont go and do that dude, everything you’ve done and said so far has been very researched and thought out… dont ruin it lol. If anything PM the sites you are wondering about to whom you choose dont throw them up here as then you will ruin the credibility, and get flamed… bad[/quote]

Thanks, i will act on that advice.
If i understood correctly, you meant that any people giving recommendations of websites would show that they used steroids etc… and therefore ruin their credibility? or have i got the wrong end of the stick?

no not like that. Using AAS IMVHO does not at all ruin a persons credibility, obviously lol. i was saying that you shouldnt post a source that you think or know is credible because then that draws un-needed attention to that site/source and there is nothing good at all about that and could eventually ruin the sources credibility. Take Bushy’s advice in the post he wrote.

Keep us updated to your results if you go down this path as I have a pal who went a similar route for different reasons at just a tad younger age. Sorry for the vagueness there haha. Anyway…I’m very very interested in your results if you choose this course of action.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
Keep us updated to your results if you go down this path as I have a pal who went a similar route for different reasons at just a tad younger age. Sorry for the vagueness there haha. Anyway…I’m very very interested in your results if you choose this course of action.[/quote]

No problem, I’ll keep you updated GetSwole.

May i ask: did your friend grow taller? Anything else you can add about what effects it had on him?

If you don’t want to answer those questions then just ignore this post, or if you want to keep it private just PM me.

Thanks.

Not a problem. I was asked by another member and answered to I owe you the same courtesy.

The shortened version is he did it sporadically without a real plan. I do not suggest it.

He did appear a bit taller but hard to tell if he was just 17 and growing,
He grew a lot of muscle in a year or less.
He did appear to have some bone thickening however, in the wrists, forearms, fingers and hands. I dont think it would have been noticeable to anyone not knowing he was using or not understanding GH. He did appear a bit bloated and got a severe case of acne. All this is not meant to scare you.

However, his gains looked…good…just telling what my observations were. In his case, he didnt seem to have problems. Long term plate closure?..had to answer that, its only been a year and half or so. I wish I could give you more details but I dont know them all as he was very hush hush considering he was a 17year old using stolen prescription GH.

That being said, perhaps try consulting with a doctor, the worst they can say is no and that it will mess you up. getting script is worth the try though. If he says no, continue looking where your looking.

If you have any more specific questions feel free to PM and I’ll do my best to answer them or get them answered. If I dont know the answer I may approach it with him but its unlikely he’ll talk.

He gained I’d bet 35+lbs in less than a year and stayed very lean though. That much I know. Feel free to PM me.