T Nation

Question Regarding Cheat Day

Alright so I give myself one cheat day a month. I decided to make it today on account of it is my birthday. So I had fried chicken cutlets for dinner, probably 12 ounces garlic mashed potatoes, and baked beans, and just ate a couple cookies and some ice cream cake.

I now feel like a load of lard. Should I make my breakfast a little lighter tommorrow on account of the food I ate today or just eat what I normally do. I should maybe add that I am carb Cycling for the first time and MWF are high days and T, R,S are low days.

You should resume your diet tomorrow as your normally would. Don’t try to make up for a cheat meal with your preceding or subsequent meals.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
You should resume your diet tomorrow as your normally would. Don’t try to make up for a cheat meal with your preceding or subsequent meals.[/quote]

True Dat. Trying to make up for a binge with a severe calorie deficit leads to damaged metabolism.

Just resume your diet as normal.

Regular cheat days even once a week are nearly always beneficial to training.

To papraphrase John Beradi you only usually need to stick to a diet/eating clean 90% of the time for it to be effective which gives you a lot of leeway.

What I do: I would do cardio the day after for shits and giggles. Then Id resume my diet as normal.

If I recall correctly, the Cheat to Lose diet recommends doing a interval session or workout or two to take advantage of the leptin spike after the cheat.

Oh and Happy Birthday!

happy birthday!

Vader’s right. Just resume your diet as usual. Or every month you can always have a cheat day and a day where you flush out everything and not workout, but rest and eat nothing but protein shakes, greens, and vitamins…like a starvation day…if you want to feel psychologically better.

Keep everything the same.

Only thing I usually do is add in an extra NEPA walk on the cheat day itself… preferably after the bulk of the cheat food.

An hour of moderate walking takes the edge off things for me =]

hey thanks a lot guys.
yeah i had to go for a walk last night after i ate.
it was worth it though i love the occasional slice of icecream cake.