T Nation

Question Regarding AI and SERM

To my knowledge, AI's will prevent excess T from being converted into E2, while SERM's are E antagonists aside from bone.

I'm basically trying to understand where this all fits in regarding the management of estrogen levels.

What is really the point of a SERM if an AI is taken during and off cycles?

Would only taking an AI not increase T levels?

Supply some context, with or without TRT?

This is a TRT forum, there are no cycles. There is a steroid forum.

[quote]KSman wrote:

This is a TRT forum, there are no cycles. There is a steroid forum.[/quote]
I’m sorry if I posted in the wrong section, there was just a lot more information on hormones here.

This isn’t really related to trt or steroid cycling, but im wondering how SERMs pervent E2 binding to androgen receptor, or why they are needed in general when an AI exists during a cycle.

[quote]KSman wrote:

This is a TRT forum, there are no cycles. There is a steroid forum.[/quote]
I’m sorry I said cycle again,

To really shorten my rant down, why would anyone take SERMs breast cancer patient or trt or steroid user, when a small dose of AI can keep E2 down maybe even permenantly

AI is preferred and 1mg/week is affordable.

AI will increase LH/FSH and T in a normal guy, not when using TRT.

SERM can increase LH/FSH in a normal guy or when using TRT.

Too much SERM [or hCG] can create a lot of T–>E2 inside the testes and anastrozole cannot stop that.

If one has high E2 levels from a SERM, an AI can be helpful but only acting on T–>E2 outside the testes.

SERMs are Selective and do not block all E2 actions, so SERM+AI may be needed to prevent some problems.

High dose SERM/hCG is totally wrong and many BB and steroid forums are full of misinformation and ‘bro science’.
Do not stack SERM+hCG

So you can see that there are some complexities. Most of the tribal knowledge here is in the stickies.