T Nation

Question on Work Capacity

I apologize if this is not the best place to post this, I wasn't sure where to take it.

My biceps have always been really weak relatively speaking, but beyond that, they have a really high drop-off for higher reps. I thought the problem might go away on its own (it did with my bench press, which used to be a problem), but have recently been trying actively to fix it. The problem is, I'm not quite sure how.

Whenever I isolate the muscle is when its weakness is exposed the most. Here's an example: with a mere 50lb on the EZ curl, at a preacher bench, my last rep scheme looked something like (15 11 7). The weight is extremely easy on the first set, very challenging on the second, and impossible to reproduce the same reps on the third.

First question: is this what is referred to as "low work capacity?"

Second question: How do you go about fixing something like this in terms of programming?

I've tried just training higher reps (12-15) with very isolated movements (no cheating), but even then I'm not sure how I should load it since the first set is way too easy. Should the last set determine the load then??

Any additional comments would be much appreciated.