T Nation

Question on Sex Drive

Hi,

My actual cycle is
Test Enanthate 250mg once a week
Parabolan 100mg three time per week
Anavar 50Mg/day

GH 3.3 UI per day, 6 days per week (I started it Nov. 1st 2008 and plan to be on it for a year)

My goal is to cut fat (I am at 22%) while getting lean mass.

I am 39 yo, male, 277lbs, 22%bf, 5’9’’

On TRT for a year (Androgel 5g/day 1%).

My first cycle was
Test Cyp, 250mg/week

Second cycle
Tren A (I don’t remember the dosage)

I am now at week 4 of a 7 weeks cycle.

So far I got very good results, with the actual cycle I gain 15 lbs while losing 2% bf and a lot of strength. I may have lost some cardio stamina (short of breath)

Side effects are not that bad, as per my wife, a little bit agressive, more impatient. From the GH, I have carpal tunnel problems, but it is manageable. BTW no Tren-cough.

My biggest problem/concern is about sex. Since on cycle my sex drive has increased a lot, I just feel as an animal. I don’t have any erection problem but I just don’t get to the orgasm, I can hold an erection for an hour and I just don’t cum… and when I cum, it last much longer than it used to be. My wife doesn’t complain about it yet but may come impatient…

Is that something related to the cycle I’m on?

BTW guys, this is a serious question and I am more than open to receive also your comment on the cycle I’m on.

Thanks,

my bad edit…

Misread …thought the last cycle he post was his current.

Two problems with the reply:

  1. The original poster IS using testosterone.

  2. The practice some have of grouping trenbolone and nandrolone together because of one shared structural feature is incorrect both in principle and in practice. Trenbolone is not anti-sexual. The only respect in which trenbolone use can be is if estrogen levels drop too low, which should not be the case with this amount of testosterone.

On the original question: I don’t know the cause of the problem. Wellbutrin might help.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Two problems with the reply:

  1. The original poster IS using testosterone.

  2. The practice some have of grouping trenbolone and nandrolone together because of one shared structural feature is incorrect both in principle and in practice. Trenbolone is not anti-sexual. The only respect in which trenbolone use can be is if estrogen levels drop too low, which should not be the case with this amount of testosterone.

On the original question: I don’t know the cause of the problem. Wellbutrin might help.[/quote]

You think its brain chemistry? Why would you think that Bill?

What other drugs(legal or illegal) and/or supplements are you taking?

It could be in your head! Maybe you just lasted ages the first time and now you think its gonna happen every time so your mind makes it happen. When do you find it easier to cum? Do it that way and see!

I think its called a mind fulfilling prophecy or something!!

[quote]dirtbag wrote:
Bill Roberts wrote:
Two problems with the reply:

  1. The original poster IS using testosterone.

  2. The practice some have of grouping trenbolone and nandrolone together because of one shared structural feature is incorrect both in principle and in practice. Trenbolone is not anti-sexual. The only respect in which trenbolone use can be is if estrogen levels drop too low, which should not be the case with this amount of testosterone.

On the original question: I don’t know the cause of the problem. Wellbutrin might help.

You think its brain chemistry? Why would you think that Bill?[/quote]

My reply that Wellbutrin might help was on account of the fact that it is often found helpful for the purpose of reaching climax more easily when this is difficult.

There is nothing from the specific situation that gives reason to expect a particular biochemical problem. It is simply a practical, “might help,” probability-of-being-useful thing.

Well, I guest its probably my brain. Being 17 years with the same wife, having a body (my body) that changes a lot and having a lot of young chicks hitting on me at the gym may screw me a little bit. And then, the stress during the act comes into play…

In terms of other things I take:

Supplements:
Omega 3 (Flameout)
BCAA
Calcium and Vit D
Creatine
SuperPump 250 (Gaspari)
Protein powder
ZMA

One thing that may influence though is that I take SALOFALK which is a corticosteroid (anti-inflammatory) for ulcerative colitis.

Thanks for your help

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
dirtbag wrote:
Bill Roberts wrote:
Two problems with the reply:

  1. The original poster IS using testosterone.

  2. The practice some have of grouping trenbolone and nandrolone together because of one shared structural feature is incorrect both in principle and in practice. Trenbolone is not anti-sexual. The only respect in which trenbolone use can be is if estrogen levels drop too low, which should not be the case with this amount of testosterone.

On the original question: I don’t know the cause of the problem. Wellbutrin might help.

You think its brain chemistry? Why would you think that Bill?

My reply that Wellbutrin might help was on account of the fact that it is often found helpful for the purpose of reaching climax more easily when this is difficult.

There is nothing from the specific situation that gives reason to expect a particular biochemical problem. It is simply a practical, “might help,” probability-of-being-useful thing.[/quote]

What about getting a blood test? Check the levels just to be sure there is nothing that is screwing with him.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Surely Parabolon/Trenbolone is anti-sexual, through increasing prolactin levels.

You’re inability to “nut” is from this prolactin surge. A dopamine agonist like Cabergoline (Dostinex/Cabaser) or Pramipexole (Mirapex) should fix this problem.

Antidepressants like SSRI’s (Prozac, Celexa, Paxil, etc…) have similar effects on delayed orgasm both through increased prolactin and serotonin receptor blockade/binding (5HT2c agonism, and 5HT1a antagonism to be specific).

I’m currently on 450mg Wellbutrin XL per day. It’s mild at best when used as an antidote for SSRI sexual dysfunction. On it’s own I have no problems.

It’s tends to be much more effective in that regard with women rather than men.

Wellbutrin’s dopamine action (dopamine uptake inhibition) is generally much weaker than a dopamine agonist like Dostinex or Mirapex. Dopamine is what generally causes the pro-sexual effect in men.

The norephinephrine reuptake inhibition with Wellbutrin can sometimes cause problems with sexual function in men. Therefore if a man is already norepinephrine dominant, Wellbutrin may not help much at all in this regard.

It may actually make things worse. The increased norepinephrine will over-shadow the pro-sexual effects of the increased dopamine.

Too much norepinephrine can cause a fight or flight response (fear). You might not be able to “get it up” (similar to if you’re nervous before sex). I’m sure that’s happened to most guys here before. :slight_smile:

Women tend to respond more favorably to norepinephrine due to their differing endocrine systems (most notably estrogen). Estrogen and norepinephrine go hand in hand.

This is also why norepinephrine tends to be pro-sexual in women as opposed to men.

My supposed Parabolan is

Trenbolone Hexahydrobenzylcarbonate
Trenaplex D 100
100mg/ml

If I do inject the Test Enanthate more frequently, dows that mean I will inject 3 times/week 1 ml @ 250mg at the same time as the Tren or should I split the 1ml in 3? Because my Test E is in small bottle I have to break, so it would be difficult to split it.

Thank to comment too on this cycle.

I should clarify.

The androgenic aspects of Trenbolone may aid sex drive, but the prolactin effects may counteract this. So you can be really horny but unable to ejaculate.

One of the differences between Tren and Deca is their androgenic qualities. Tren is higher and Deca is lower.

Some guys get really horny on Tren while with Deca this is hardly ever the case. They are both progestins though which increase prolactin.

Prolactin can decrease both your sex drive, refractory period (time to next erection), and delayed ejaculation.

Depending on your unique chemistry Tren may either be pro-sexual or anti-sexual. Your personal reaction to it’s androgenic and prolactin increasing features will dictate this.

That’s why there’s a term called Tren dick to go along with Deca dick. :slight_smile:

[quote]Dopa wrote:
Surely Parabolon/Trenbolone is anti-sexual, through increasing prolactin levels.[/quote]

“Surely”?

Other than perhaps being able to quote a non-scientist popular writer who has no factual basis for making such a claim, what is your basis for saying this?

Ditto for your calling it a progestin.

The actual situation is that both matters have been studied scientifically and the facts on both are “no.” Trenbolone does not increase prolactin and is not a progestin.

If you are using a condom - don’t. They should be illegal anyway.

If you are not and it takes you an HOUR - maybe you are dehydrated?

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
The actual situation is that both matters have been studied scientifically and the facts on both are “no.” Trenbolone does not increase prolactin and is not a progestin.[/quote]

Bill, could you elaborate on what you think might be going on here?

I had an identical experience (little difficulty maintaining erection but great difficulty reaching orgasm) and that was happening with a larger test:tren ratio - 500mg:300mg/weekly.

(note - these were both enanthates for a relatively moderate 800mg/wk total)

I think there are three possible factors to the general question:

  1. Sexual response to androgen is not necessarily or even usually a simple increasing-as-dose-increases matter. It is very common for peak enhanced sex drive to occur at a midway dose rather than a particularly high dose.

At your dosage level, which as you say is relatively moderate, in terms of libido you should not be on the descending part of the curve. However, as to whether androgen effect on slowing reaching orgasm might also exist, I don’t know. But that particularly high androgen can result in less libido than more moderate though still supraphysiological androgen could suggest other sexual effects of androgen besides simple libido.

  1. There’s often an effect where with increasing time into the cycle, enhanced libido drops off.

  2. I don’t know the current situation but as of a couple years ago anyway, it was absolutely notorious for non-trenbolone-acetate products, for example “trenbolone enanthate,” to not be the claimed substance but rather something else, to be underdosed, or both.

I also don’t know the current situation on bulk (kilo) price but as of quite some time ago, the per kilo cost for genuine Chinese trenbolone acetate was absolutely insane. So no wonder UG trenbolone products often substituted other compounds.

I’ve always felt that if being unsatisfied with trenbolone for reasons other than night sweats, if one didn’t make it oneself from Finaplix or unless it was made from Finaplix by a genuinely trusted close friend, it should be questioned whether the product was in fact all trenbolone if indeed any trenbolone at all.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Dopa wrote:
Surely Parabolon/Trenbolone is anti-sexual, through increasing prolactin levels.

“Surely”?

Other than perhaps being able to quote a non-scientist popular writer who has no factual basis for making such a claim, what is your basis for saying this?

Ditto for your calling it a progestin.

The actual situation is that both matters have been studied scientifically and the facts on both are “no.” Trenbolone does not increase prolactin and is not a progestin.
[/quote]

Well “surely” comes across as a little pompous. I appologize for that.

I was going more by anecdotal evidence where sexual dysfunction and gyno is a common theme among Trenbolone users, with or without using aromatising anabolics (i.e. testosterone and Dianabol). Therefore the gyno can’t be attributed solely to high estradiol levels in this case.

I hate to use anecdotal evidence over double blind peer reviewed research but sadly Trenbolone has not been studied for sexual dysfunction in this manner. We only have anecdotal evidence.

Are you saying Trenbolone doesn’t have any progestin metabolites either?

My sources for this info is namely Macrophage and Ulter from AFboard. I don’t have time now but I will dig up Macro’s scientific explanation behind it. I’ll be on later tonight.

I’m not saying he’s right by authority. I hate the parroting of information. Just that he’s built up a pretty good case for it, and is pretty much a peer reviewed journal nazi. :slight_smile:

Just to make it clear:

My libido is very high and I don’t have problem to hold and erection.

Second, Tren side effects is that I am a bit more agressive and I have insomnia, I sleep about 3-4 hours per night but I don’t feel as I am fatigue.