Question on Fat Calipers

I just purchased the Fat Track II calipers. I searched on here to see if my question had been answered, and I noticed someone else had an issue with the measurement procedure. I wasn’t exactly satisfied and was wondering how much of the skinfold I should be pulling to measure - all that is available or less?

I realized its not exactly about accuracy but tracking my progress. I just want to make sure I’m doing it properly. I have lost a serious amount of weight in the last few months, and after doing a few measurements I apparently still have a high BF %. After the initial shock I reassured myself and am trying to stay patient and dedicated.

This turns into two questions but I’ve read on here as well that incorporating weight lifting in with the cardio is really important, so should I start that now? I was nervous about seeing my weight on the scale go up, even though it would be lean muscle.

Sorry for such a long post, I was just discouraged and in need of advice. I am really meticulous when it comes to data and procedure, and getting a wide range without knowing if I am doing it correctly annoys me.

Do you care about weight or body composition? Seriously, if you look and feel better, does it matter if you gained some weight?

Weights = good