Question on Deadlifts

When I deadlift, after coming up I get real dizzy. This didn’t used to happen. Does anyone have an idea what would cause this?

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Hows your breathing technique during the set? Does the same thing happen whilst squatting? Need more info.

bushboy[/quote]

I don’t have a problem with squatting. When I DL, I breathe in and breathe out while standing/lifting.

RoadWarrior, how many reps are you doing in a set at what percentage (if you know it) of your 1RM?

Do you reset between each rep, or do reps continuously.

Finally, how’s your GPP? Do you do any type of conditioning or cardio that simulates an intense/heavy set? I just started sled pulling for that reason.

[quote]Tampa-Terry wrote:
RoadWarrior, how many reps are you doing in a set at what percentage (if you know it) of your 1RM?

Do you reset between each rep, or do reps continuously.

Finally, how’s your GPP? Do you do any type of conditioning or cardio that simulates an intense/heavy set? I just started sled pulling for that reason.[/quote]

I am 5’ 7" and 52 and 180 lbs. I am only doing one rep and then wait about 30 seconds and do another rep. I am lifting about 245 lbs. The only cardio I do (like alot of people I hate cardio)is use a treadmill. How is the sled doing for you?

Make sure that you aren’t closing your eyes at lockout.

I’ve done different types of cardio, both HIIT and plain and simple walking. I’ve done StairMaster and rowing. All I can say about sled pulling/dragging, is that it’s “different.” I make 4 trips, with each trip being 200 feet. And that is feet, not yards. My goal is to get to where I’m pulling my own BW. I know some people pulling 1.5 times BW. It’s short, fast, and intense. Your heart will feel like it’s beating out of your chest.

I carry my sled in the trunk of my car and pull in a church parking lot (grassy). I’m done in 12 minutes. Nonetheless, I’ve found it interesting that my energy levels are improving. I like to pull right before dinner. Two or three times a week would more than do the job for you, and it will improve your lifts/pulls/numbers if you haven’t been doing anything in the way of conditioning/GPP/cardio.

A sled doesn’t have to be expensive, by the way. I’ve seen people pulling pallets and tires (both free), as well as sleds they’ve purchased. You can use your lifting belt or a harness.

I’ll leave the physiologists, coaches and PL’ers to make actual recommendations, but have you considered different rep schemes – at least cycling them?