Question on Cutler Videos

how come all his videos have emo/depressing music playing? whilst others like ronnie have more uplifting music, for example i watched a ronnie clip that had bonecrush - never scared

didnt think this really belonged anywhere but the offtopic section

Seems to go with Cutler’s awkward personality.
In interviews he seems so dorky, with no charisma.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
In interviews he seems so dorky, with no charisma. [/quote]

I bet bodybuilding became his escape.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
In interviews he seems so dorky, with no charisma. [/quote]

I agree. I think of him as the most boring person in bodybuilding. I applaud his level of dedication, but I honestly doubt conversations with him are very stimulating. Ronnie is entertaining to watch and listen to in his vids. Personality goes a long fucking way.

light weights baby, light weights

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Personality goes a long fucking way.[/quote]

I believe THAT is a major reason Arnold was so irresistible to the general public back when. Things may have progressed quite differently (if at all) if Arnold had had Cutler’s personality.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Personality goes a long fucking way.

I believe THAT is a major reason Arnold was so irresistible to the general public back when. Things may have progressed quite differently (if at all) if Arnold had had Cutler’s personality.

[/quote]

No doubt. Arnold was one of kind. Can you even imagine them trying to make Pumping Iron if Arnold didn’t exist. wouldn’t have had nearly the audience appeal it did. Bodybuilding could really use someone with his kind of charisma as Mr. O again.

This is a pretty good observation, and is something I was thinking about just the other day.

I recently got my hands on New, Improved, and Beyond, as well as Ripped to Shreds, and at times they are almost painful to watch. The lifting is good, but the talking…ain’t so much.

Huge difference between him in those DVD’s and Coleman in The Cost of Redemption and The Unbelievable (hell, seeing Ronnie in the cop uniform is hilarious…imagine having that guy show up at your house!).

Interesting indeed. I mean, when I hear Cutler speak I think “accountant” not badass bodybuilder.

On the other hand that might be a good thing because it breaks the stereotype that Arnold portrayed. Arnold was an arrogant prick in most of his appearances. Not even so much a badass, just a prick.

Like I said though it just seems like he found his release. And it’s not necessarily the celebrity of bodybuilding, but simply the self improvement and iron-as-friend concept. I feel that way at times.

But who out there these days has any charisma besides Big Ron?

Branch “Balding at 29, Cave Troll” Warren? NOPE

Phil Heath? NOPE

Johnnie Jackson? NOPE

Dennis Wolf? NAH…

King Kamali? Where’s he gone? He had some personality and charisma from what I can remember.

Kamali had charisma, and nothing else. Crappy bodybuilder who talked way too much trash as a ‘B Lister’ amongst the pros.

I always thought that most BBers just led a very narrowly focused life, and that’s probably why we complain about them being boring. COleman had a whole different career before he went pro full time, so his love of BBing was always there.

S

[quote]meangenes wrote:
Interesting indeed. I mean, when I hear Cutler speak I think “accountant” not badass bodybuilder.

On the other hand that might be a good thing because it breaks the stereotype that Arnold portrayed. Arnold was an arrogant prick in most of his appearances. Not even so much a badass, just a prick.

Like I said though it just seems like he found his release. And it’s not necessarily the celebrity of bodybuilding, but simply the self improvement and iron-as-friend concept. I feel that way at times. [/quote]

Yeah, but if he wasn’t a prick, he wouldn’t have been as successful as he was. He realized that and acted like a prick to gain fame.

if only they could get someone who was built like phil heath and have an attitude like the rock, bodybuilding would be a waaaay more popular sport

Today competetive bodybuilding is just a bunch of people pushing their genetic possibilities to the limit to earn a living from sponsorship deals and prize money. Simply put, money kills ambition and personality. In the golden age, even the “average” bodybuilder had charisma and persona because they weren’t after the 1000$ that was Mr. Olympia’s “paycheck”. Now they’re just a bunch of stupid monkeys who are able to concentrate in one thing.

Markus Rühl may not have the most desired physique in bodybuilding but he and his videos make an exception. There’s atleast a little bit of interesting stuff. Who the fuck is interested in Jay’s house or Ronnie’s chicken?

Nasser also has some interesting stuff in his videos. And everything about that guy is just, well, different. How come all the even mildly interesting guys come from outside the US? Must be the fact they spend less time promoting their products to the monotonic culture of ape-building.

holy crap… the veins in that dude’s chest

What about Craig Titus?

He may not have had Arnold charisma, but he sure as shit has got some war stories to tell.

[quote]GumsMagoo wrote:
What about Craig Titus?

He may not have had Arnold charisma, but he sure as shit has got some war stories to tell.[/quote]

He is one of the most disliked men in bodybuilding. He basically personifies everything wrong in this activity…yet you call this “charisma”?

LOL at “war stories”. Most of those wars were caused by him directly.