Question on Clomid?

I am studying for the NSCA certification test, and it has a section on AAS. It states that HCG+Clomid is used for fat reduction. I have never heard this before, is there any merit to this?

[quote]matt_t2004 wrote:
I am studying for the NSCA certification test, and it has a section on AAS. It states that HCG+Clomid is used for fat reduction. I have never heard this before, is there any merit to this?[/quote]

While I’m no expert, I would have thought HCG+Clomid would have been what you take /after/ you have taken a cycle for fatloss.

Perhaps these could be used by a natural trainee to boost natural testosterone production and therefore resulting in fat loss.

But usually these drugs are used to maintain testicular function and restore natural test levels after a cycle of AAS.

While there’s been a theory for years that Clomid “ought” to help with fat loss from anti-estrogenic effect, I’ve never thought that in practice this seems to be the case.

There’s some hoopla in some quarters (non-bodybuilding) about HCG for fat loss, but in the bodybuilding context it also has never seemed to me that HCG did a thing for fat loss.

However, the “HCG diet” apparently involves extreme low calories. I suppose it makes sense that extreme low calories are better supported with good T levels than with the usual depressed T levels that go along with such a diet.

So in that sort of context, I suppose HCG plus Clomid could reasonably work better than a testosterone-suppressing diet with no such aids.

Yeah I was thinking that this really did not make much sense. It also states that Clen can be used for building muscle, and I know that is very outdated.

clen works for building muscle in animals, but they have a difference receptor set up.

Thats where that “bro knowledge” comes from.

Clomid and other SERMs increase E2 levels while masking the effects of E in SELECTED tissues… not in others. Some some tissues will see more E. That may drive fat gain.

hCG increases E when the testes are pushed to higher level.

hCG is repressive by itself and LH will drop to offset its effects [in normal guys].

SERMs will increase LH and and T… why then use hCG?

Better combo would see to be a SERM and adex.

E can limit or block the results of weight loss efforts.

hCG can mess things up for women! Increased E, PCOS, increased T [good], facial hair [bad]. Increased chances of multiple births.

This hCG weight loss thing is nuts and out of control. Google finds 291,000 hits for “hcg weight loss”. The scammers are having fun too.

Why are there hCG shortages now?