Question on Changing to Pellets

I am 29 years old, and due to a traumatic brain injury which damaged my pituitary my body stopped getting signals to make several hormones, one of them being testosterone. I have been on CLomid and Arimidex for the last year with really strong numbers, but lots of side effects. I had finally had enough and got a second opinion from another Endo who suggested I go on pellets. I think its a great idea and am planning to make the switch, but here is my question.

He wants me to stop all medication completely for 3-4 weeks to let me levels fall back to the 180’s range (where they were before treatment). Is this standard procedure? I have been off treatment for about 10 days and can already feel the low T effects rearing their ugly head. He says its so the insurance company will 100% cover the pellets, but I was already diagnosed, I just wanted to change treatments.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, the last 6-7 years dealing with this have been a nightmare to say the least. I just want to get treatment and move on ASAP.

Thanks

I did pellets a time or two before switching to shots. I had a pretty good experience with them since the clinic also prescribed arimidex. The pellets will only last about 4 months so you’ll be going under the knife about 3 times a year. That’s a lot of cutting and stitching you’ll be looking at over the years. The down side for me was the expense.

Way more than I wanted to fork out, but if insurance covers it, then maybe not a bad option. People comment about not having any control over their numbers once they are implanted, but I’m sure they will get you locked in pretty quickly. I had to go back and have a few more put in after the initial ones. The big issue might be the endo’s knowledge and experience and whether he can and will get you dialed in with ideal numbers.

I did like not having to worry with anything after they were in place. Your backside will be a little sore for a week or so. Say you do these for life… That could be another 50 years multiplied by 3. 150 times to get sliced and stitched (actually I think they glue). I remember you had to keep that dry for a few days until it began to heal. There will be a small lump where those pellets are that gradually reduces in size as they are absorbed.

I’m happy to do shots now. Subq with tiiny 31 g needles is easy. And that’s coming from someone who hates needles.

Good luck!