Question on Alpha Male

[quote]Shoebolt wrote:
dtehollis wrote:
Hello, I have decided I will try Alpha Male, but I just don’t want to have any doubts after I purchase it. So I’m just going to ask, should I try it or wait a little longer until I’m older?

As I said in my other thread, I am 20 yrs old and work out (1-2 times/week, weights + cardio) and in excellent medical condition.

My opinion is that instead of going for Alpha Male, get Rez-V instead and get rid of the excess estrogen holding you back.

Alpha Male will still help you, but you don’t want to bother increasing your test. if you estrogen is still high (as it is in most people our age these days).
[/quote]

Why would anyone not want to increase natural test levels? The only time for those like us (weight lifters/athletes) that one wouldn’t want increased test would be due to some bizarre health anomaly I would think.

D

[quote]dtehollis wrote:
Hello, I have decided I will try Alpha Male, but I just don’t want to have any doubts after I purchase it. So I’m just going to ask, should I try it or wait a little longer until I’m older?

As I said in my other thread, I am 20 yrs old and work out (1-2 times/week, weights + cardio) and in excellent medical condition.[/quote]

Chiming in late here, but nobody seems to be asking a pretty important question (correct me if someone has brought this up):

How long have you been working out hardcore and following a diet that will give you maximum gains?

You’re only working out once or twice a week and you want to start a testosterone booster for more gains?

The thing that always concerns me with young men taking supplements like a test booster is they’re trying a pill before they’re trying hard work in the gym and real nutritional discipline…sometimes only working out for a year or less.

Maybe i’m wrong, and maybe your one or two workouts a week are really tough ones.

Anyway…seems like he’s bought the supp already, but that’s my 2 cents.

[quote]sven33 wrote:
dtehollis wrote:

As I said in my other thread, I am 20 yrs old and work out (1-2 times/week, weights + cardio) and in excellent medical condition.

Chiming in late here, but nobody seems to be asking a pretty important question (correct me if someone has brought this up):

How long have you been working out hardcore and following a diet that will give you maximum gains?

You’re only working out once or twice a week and you want to start a testosterone booster for more gains?

The thing that always concerns me with young men taking supplements like a test booster is they’re trying a pill before they’re trying hard work in the gym and real nutritional discipline…sometimes only working out for a year or less.

Maybe i’m wrong, and maybe your one or two workouts a week are really tough ones.

[/quote]

This was mainly my original point too. At 20 I’d bet the training is good, desire is there, supps are there…but most teens and early 20’s cats just don’t really believe that food, something they eat daily anyway, will make the biggest difference of all.

Exactly man.
It bums me out when i see young guys doing that…looking for the pill or the powder first.
Eating properly is the most anabolic thing a new lifter can do. That and hitting it like an animal in the gym…and sleeping.

Wish i had known more about food when i was twenty. I would’ve had a better body and a fatter wallet.

Believe me, i’m a believer in smart supplementation, i’ve been a Biotest customer for a long time. But all these supps have their time and place.

[quote]Shoebolt wrote:
My opinion is that instead of going for Alpha Male, get Rez-V instead and get rid of the excess estrogen holding you back.

[/quote]

The two combined is sublime. I added REZ-V back in January, and wow, I feel even more manly and I’m losing fat faster than before. I’ve dropped nearly three inches off my waist, and am slimming down throughout my body without major revamping of my diet.

[quote]sven33 wrote:
dtehollis wrote:

[/quote]

Yes I do only go 2 times a week max, but the training program I am doing is at a high intensity (called GM Intense Endurance Weight Training) and it takes at least 2 hours to complete, depending how I feel, actually it is recommended that this program be done no more than 2 times a week, 3 would be it, period, I would do 3 but I don’t have the time, but thanks for your concern.

[quote]sven33 wrote:
This was mainly my original point too. At 20 I’d bet the training is good, desire is there, supps are there…but most teens and early 20’s cats just don’t really believe that food, something they eat daily anyway, will make the biggest difference of all.

Exactly man.
It bums me out when i see young guys doing that…looking for the pill or the powder first.
Eating properly is the most anabolic thing a new lifter can do. That and hitting it like an animal in the gym…and sleeping.

Wish i had known more about food when i was twenty. I would’ve had a better body and a fatter wallet.

Believe me, i’m a believer in smart supplementation, i’ve been a Biotest customer for a long time. But all these supps have their time and place.
[/quote]

Oh No, don’t get me wrong, I have been eating pretty healthy for practically all my life, and as I’ve gained more knowledge through the years, I have cut back on certain things and learned about which foods do what etc. and now I’m eating even better.

I have been training for a couple years now and have seen improvements without any supplements, I just recently started using an all natural whey protein a few months ago and I feel it is a good addition to my diet (nothing serious, all natural), and I just decided to research in Alpha Male to improve some areas where I think it may benefit, or maybe not, its all about the “experience and experimentation”.

So its not like I have jumped straight to supplements, I know there is nothing better than natural foods from “mother earth”, but one bottle is not hurting my wallet much, if I don’t see significant improvements, I won’t use it again, thanks again though, you guys speak true and it is very informative.

[quote]dtehollis wrote:
but one bottle is not hurting my wallet much, if I don’t see significant improvements, I won’t use it again, thanks again though, you guys speak true and it is very informative.
[/quote]

A quick hint: you won’t notice a sharp increase in energy or libido off one bottle. It is a sublte change that takes place. You’ll notice that you’ll have better workouts with more intensity, a better appetite, and most probably a heightened sex drive.

But don’t look for this to happen after just a couple days. It’s a cummulative effect. Like I said earlier, you’ll probably notice it more after you stop using it, as you just won’t have the same edge as you were used to.

Allright man.
Well, my main point was that age is not as much of an issue to me when we’re talking about hormone boosters…unless we’re talking about a teenager with no chest hair.

Number of years training is, in my opinion, a better thing to look at when looking at a test booster.

I’d basically advocate for other things beside additional supps first, if someone has hit a “wall”. Changing up the diet and workout, and giving both changes enough time to actually make a difference.

I’ve never heard of someone only working out once a week for 2 hours when trying to pack on muscle.
I’ve been training for about 20 years but i certainly don’t know everything.

If you’ve been following this kind of program for 2 years, i’d also suggest changing that up. Maybe trying one of the plans on this site for a month or two just to see what happens.

[quote]sven33 wrote:

Oh No, don’t get me wrong, I have been eating pretty healthy for practically all my life, and as I’ve gained more knowledge through the years, I have cut back on certain things and learned about which foods do what etc. and now I’m eating even better.

So its not like I have jumped straight to supplements, I know there is nothing better than natural foods from “mother earth”, but one bottle is not hurting my wallet much, if I don’t see significant improvements, I won’t use it again, thanks again though, you guys speak true and it is very informative.

Allright man.
Well, my main point was that age is not as much of an issue to me when we’re talking about hormone boosters…unless we’re talking about a teenager with no chest hair.

Number of years training is, in my opinion, a better thing to look at when looking at a test booster.

I’d basically advocate for other things beside additional supps first, if someone has hit a “wall”. Changing up the diet and workout, and giving both changes enough time to actually make a difference.

I’ve never heard of someone only working out once a week for 2 hours when trying to pack on muscle.
I’ve been training for about 20 years but i certainly don’t know everything.

If you’ve been following this kind of program for 2 years, i’d also suggest changing that up. Maybe trying one of the plans on this site for a month or two just to see what happens.

[/quote]

Alright, thanks man. by the way, the weight training program I am doing is not specifically for building muscle, its more for endurance and strength (15 reps per each excersise, some up to 30 reps). It was designed for pro motocross, but I am using it for pro street racing, but I may also be starting san shou chinese full contact fighting + jujitsu or muay thai, so the training may benefit me in that too.

What do you think?