T Nation

Question on Alpha Male

Hello, I have decided I will try Alpha Male, but I just don’t want to have any doubts after I purchase it. So I’m just going to ask, should I try it or wait a little longer until I’m older?

As I said in my other thread, I am 20 yrs old and work out (1-2 times/week, weights + cardio) and in excellent medical condition.

[quote]dtehollis wrote:
Hello, I have decided I will try Alpha Male, but I just don’t want to have any doubts after I purchase it. So I’m just going to ask, should I try it or wait a little longer until I’m older?

As I said in my other thread, I am 20 yrs old and work out (1-2 times/week, weights + cardio) and in excellent medical condition.[/quote]

You won’t really need any test boosting products until’ maybe 24-25. Just use your protein, creatine and fish oil.

There are those that will tell you “wait you are at your test producing peak don’t use it”. I don’t agree with this. If you have your nutritional and lifting bases covered and are over eighteen I say go for it.

It will give already high test production a boost and can positively enhance your results from lifting. Also, it won’t negatively affect your endocrine system like irresponsible steroid use can.

Good luck,

D

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
There are those that will tell you “wait you are at your test producing peak don’t use it”.
D[/quote]

What if his test is already high? He’s WASTING money then. Is it likely his test is low at 20? No.

It’s likely that at his age, a good diet would be the thing to concentrate on and NOT supplements.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
Dedicated wrote:
There are those that will tell you “wait you are at your test producing peak don’t use it”.
D

What if his test is already high? He’s WASTING money then. Is it likely his test is low at 20? No.

It’s likely that at his age, a good diet would be the thing to concentrate on and NOT supplements.[/quote]

A good diet is to be the focal point regardless and as stated if he has those bases covered already Alpha Male can positively affect his weight training results. It is an erroneous thought that only those with compromised test production will benefit from it. I know a few guys under 23 who have used it who don’t suffer from “low production” and feel they benefit from it greatly.

D

To throw in two cents here…I’m 21 years old and have been consistently working out for almost 6 years. I believe myself to have a pretty healthy T level and have tried quite a few supplements over my years training.

I recently tried TRIBEX ( Not Alpha Male, I know )but Tribulus being one of Alpha Male’s main ingredients. One week on TRIBEX, and I had noticed a difference in my overall mood. I felt more calm and in more control throughout the day.

I know that people have had similar experiences…Do you need the Alpha Male? No, you don’t. Could you benefit from it? Yes, and since it does not mess with you’re endocrine system the way a steroid would, if it doens’t do anything, the only likely thing it will hurt is your wallet…

It’s not so much a question of need, but rather benefit.

From what I’ve seen, Alpha Male will benefit someone his age regardless of whether his T levels are relatively high or low. If his T is naturally high, Alpha Male supplementation will likely make it higher.

Besides, I believe research shows that todays teenagers have lower T levels than those 20 to 30 years ago.

Thanks guys for your replies, seems like it won’t hurt. I think I will try one bottle first then see how it goes from there.

[quote]Mod Brian wrote:
Besides, I believe research shows that todays teenagers have lower T levels than those 20 to 30 years ago.[/quote]

Which explains why so many wusses and pretty girl/boys today.

I’m not saying Am would not benefit, but at 20, it’s probably going to make a small difference if at all.

I DO know with my own test level Alpha Male skyrockets the free test, but not the total test. My free test dropped 30% after 8 weeks off Alpha Male…but I’m an old guy…like 139 years old.

I’ve been using Alpha Male for well over a year and consider it a staple. I’ve noticed that I’m always strong in the gym, have better stamina for exercise (and in the bedroom), plus since adding Carbolin 19 to the formula I notice that I gain easier than before. All in all I feel that it is worth the investment.

And I’m picky about supplements.

I orderd a bottle of Alpha Male, how much do you guys think I should start with, 1 tablet twice a day or 2 tablets twice a day (given what I said in the beggining of this thread and what ppl have said)? personal answers are cool…

It DOES give spike of energy even when i tried it at 18. Though it was probably not good use of money and I will not use t booster again for few years.

im 21 & have used trib products in the past - that supp alone has made the biggest diff. on my lifts & physique.

[quote]dtehollis wrote:
I orderd a bottle of Alpha Male, how much do you guys think I should start with, 1 tablet twice a day or 2 tablets twice a day (given what I said in the beggining of this thread and what ppl have said)? personal answers are cool…

[/quote]

The first time I took TRIBEX I jumped into 4 pills a day and ended up with severe migraines. I had to cut the dose down to 1 a day and slowly taper up week by week.

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
Rockscar wrote:
Dedicated wrote:
There are those that will tell you “wait you are at your test producing peak don’t use it”.
D

What if his test is already high? He’s WASTING money then. Is it likely his test is low at 20? No.

It’s likely that at his age, a good diet would be the thing to concentrate on and NOT supplements.

A good diet is to be the focal point regardless and as stated if he has those bases covered already Alpha Male can positively affect his weight training results. It is an erroneous thought that only those with compromised test production will benefit from it. I know a few guys under 23 who have used it who don’t suffer from “low production” and feel they benefit from it greatly.

D[/quote]

He can give it a try. Some people with high test will benefit from Alpha Male. Others won’t. I’m 24 and have high libido. Never tested test levels but I expect they’re high. Alpha Male does nothing for me. The only test booster I’ve noticed anything from performance and libido wise is MyogenX. And there, the effect is a minimal one. Some people don’t really need a boost and their bodies really just aren’t going to respond to Alpha Male. But some will, even if they are young and presumable have high test.

[quote]Altered Beast wrote:
dtehollis wrote:
I orderd a bottle of Alpha Male, how much do you guys think I should start with, 1 tablet twice a day or 2 tablets twice a day (given what I said in the beggining of this thread and what ppl have said)? personal answers are cool…

The first time I took TRIBEX I jumped into 4 pills a day and ended up with severe migraines. I had to cut the dose down to 1 a day and slowly taper up week by week.[/quote]

And I jumped into 4 a day with no problems. It’s an individual thing.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:

He can give it a try. Some people with high test will benefit from Alpha Male. Others won’t. I’m 24 and have high libido. Never tested test levels but I expect they’re high. Alpha Male does nothing for me. The only test booster I’ve noticed anything from performance and libido wise is MyogenX. And there, the effect is a minimal one. Some people don’t really need a boost and their bodies really just aren’t going to respond to Alpha Male. But some will, even if they are young and presumable have high test.[/quote]

Just curious, but how long were you on it? I didn’t notice the difference until after being without for about three weeks following 8 months use. I noticed that my intensity dropped in the gym, despite keeping the same dietary practices.

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
jsbrook wrote:

He can give it a try. Some people with high test will benefit from Alpha Male. Others won’t. I’m 24 and have high libido. Never tested test levels but I expect they’re high. Alpha Male does nothing for me. The only test booster I’ve noticed anything from performance and libido wise is MyogenX. And there, the effect is a minimal one. Some people don’t really need a boost and their bodies really just aren’t going to respond to Alpha Male. But some will, even if they are young and presumable have high test.

Just curious, but how long were you on it? I didn’t notice the difference until after being without for about three weeks following 8 months use. I noticed that my intensity dropped in the gym, despite keeping the same dietary practices.
[/quote]

Definitely not 8 months. But I gave it a couple months. After feeling like training was going very well but no noticeable difference above normal, I went off it. Didn’t see any drop in performance. I still thinks it’s a great supplement for many. Just not for me at this time.

[quote]dtehollis wrote:
Hello, I have decided I will try Alpha Male, but I just don’t want to have any doubts after I purchase it. So I’m just going to ask, should I try it or wait a little longer until I’m older?

As I said in my other thread, I am 20 yrs old and work out (1-2 times/week, weights + cardio) and in excellent medical condition.[/quote]

My opinion is that instead of going for Alpha Male, get Rez-V instead and get rid of the excess estrogen holding you back.

Alpha Male will still help you, but you don’t want to bother increasing your test. if you estrogen is still high (as it is in most people our age these days).

My take on Alpha Male is this. It is my favorite non-essential supp. If I could I would take it all the time. It takes about three weeks for it to kick in for me. I love the kick it gives me. I’m a pretty laid back guy, but damn do I start feeling more aggressive and outgoing when using AM.

My training numbers go up, and so does my intensity in the Weight Room.