T Nation

Question of The Week


Is Ted the best movie ever made?

The “guess the chicks name” scene was my favorite by far. Screaming FUCK! was exactly how I would, and have reacted in guessing games lol.

I was disappointed in it. When it took the darker turn it quit being funny.

In answer to your question, no it wasn’t but it was certainly one of the best premises for a movie.

Right up there with your favourite cartoon characters exacting revenge on their nemesis.

Seriously?

Looks stupid as fuck (maybe therein lies it’s charm?).

I won’t be seeing it - especially if the dude who does the voice of Family Guy is doing the bear’s voice.
That dude annoys me.

It’s definitely the best movie about a guy’s teddy bear that comes to life when he makes a wish.

I loved it but my girlfriend was not so keen. To be fair I don’t think she got most of the pop culture references. She’s definitely not as geeky as me.

Was okay. I laughed, but not as hard as I laughed at the Hangover, for example. It was almost a mockery of the “bromance” genre. Seth McFarland’s jokes are pretty much the same regardless of which show/movie/whatever he’s doing.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Seriously?

Looks stupid as fuck (maybe therein lies it’s charm?).

I won’t be seeing it - especially if the dude who does the voice of Family Guy is doing the bear’s voice.
That dude annoys me.
[/quote]

LOL. That’s why I waited so long. It looked like a waste of time…but honestly, that Teddy Bear just represented where a lot of guys are mentally at age 30-35 lately. It was funny as hell in that the teddy bear is about as kiddie as the scene where he is humping the cashier in the storage room when he should have been on the floor working…so he gets promoted.

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
Was okay. I laughed, but not as hard as I laughed at the Hangover, for example. It was almost a mockery of the “bromance” genre. Seth McFarland’s jokes are pretty much the same regardless of which show/movie/whatever he’s doing.[/quote]

The Hangover equals one of the better funny movies I have ever seen with friends. Lots of funny moments you can catch even if half of the room is inebriated.

I think Ted had way more “story” to it and wasn’t really so much about a Teddy Bear as it was guys who just don’t want to grow up yet.

Not best movie ever IMO, but funny as fuck regardless.

The parts with flash-gordon where priceless.

It was enjoyable but one of those movies you forget about by the next day.

Not the best movie ever but had some good parts.

Hilarious Parts:

The fight scene - awesome.

Sex with the cashier lady - “put your finger in my tag” LOL who thinks of this stuff.

The fat kid running - “oh god I can hear the fat kid running. I bet it’s hilarious.” (Something like that) <-- I thought that was the funniest part of the whole movie. I don’t m ow why but I LOL’ed so hard.

I thought it was a pretty funny movie. Marky Mark’s aggressive acting style added to the comedy.

“Stand up straight when you’re talking to me!”
“Why the fuck would he say that?!”

It was 6 out of 10 tops.

[quote]sufiandy wrote:
It was enjoyable but one of those movies you forget about by the next day.[/quote]

I can’t agree. I saw it yesterday…and I am still laughing at scenes in my head.

The attention to detail was awesome…like the worn, dirty fur over time and the way that bear acted. CGI was on point.

[quote]florelius wrote:

The parts with flash-gordon where priceless.[/quote]

Flash Gordon is bad ass…never thought I would say that.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

Flash Gordon is bad ass…never thought I would say that.[/quote]

not as bad-ass as John McLane~

Definitely funny.

When they are at the party just cutting from scene to scene and the Teddy says “I don’t sound that much like Peter Griffin” (or something to that effect) I almost lost it.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
Was okay. I laughed, but not as hard as I laughed at the Hangover, for example. It was almost a mockery of the “bromance” genre. Seth McFarland’s jokes are pretty much the same regardless of which show/movie/whatever he’s doing.[/quote]

The Hangover equals one of the better funny movies I have ever seen with friends. Lots of funny moments you can catch even if half of the room is inebriated.

I think Ted had way more “story” to it and wasn’t really so much about a Teddy Bear as it was guys who just don’t want to grow up yet.[/quote]

I saw the Hangover about 20 years ago. I rented it on VHS. It was called Bachelor Party and starred Tom Hanks.

I loved the Ted Danson bit.