Question of Strength - April

[quote]cactrotman wrote:
“If you’re not making progress, overtrain until you’re depressed, then take five days off. Then you’ll grow.”

That is quite possibly one of the most awesome quotes ever uttered.
[/quote]

That section kept getting better:

“The problem is that most people don’t have the balls to do this… You have to reach that 20% drop. When you show up at the gym and start crying for no reason, you’re there.

[quote]cadav wrote:
I have not understood the rule of 20%
What does it means?
If I have a lagging part I should train it for days in a row until my performance drop of 20%, then rest 5 days?

[/quote]

Basically.

Glad a certified trainer wrote about this shock method. Mention training more to a person on this site and everybody goes crazy.

What do they think Olympic Athletes do when they go away to camp for 3 months?

"So let’s say you’re a guy who has no lats ? you’re as wide as a fucking pencil. Train your lats three days in a row. The reps might look like this:

Day #1: 6-8 reps

Day #2: 10-12 reps

Day #3: 20-25 reps"

does this mean doing only one excersise each day, for the laging body part? Also how many sets should i use?

[quote]F0rG3tNikeDoMe wrote:
"So let’s say you’re a guy who has no lats ? you’re as wide as a fucking pencil. Train your lats three days in a row. The reps might look like this:

Day #1: 6-8 reps

Day #2: 10-12 reps

Day #3: 20-25 reps"

does this mean doing only one excersise each day, for the laging body part? Also how many sets should i use?

[/quote]

Since he’s referring to shock methods I’m pretty sure he means you do your normal volume during each day. For example if you normally do a total of 100 reps then do the number of sets it takes at the given rep ranges to hit the rep target (10 sets of 10 or 5 sets of 25).

I had read somewhere that the products used to refine the table salt could be prolematic.

I just wanted to say that I find it funny that people try to direct questions to Charles Poliquin on his article threads when I can’t even remember the last time he answered one of them, haha.

That 20% rule seems a bit intense, but I’m sure Poliquin has ways of implementing it to be quite effective.

-Matt

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
Poliquin’s “Question of Strength” articles are always full of good info and tips.

I’d like to know more about detoxifying myself of plastics as well! [/quote]

Check out “Detoxify or Die” by Sherry Rogers.

I like how things TC mentioned are taking effect, it looks good to see change.

The whole controlled overtraining thing is going to have me thinking. Very intriguing.

FINALLY someone agrees with me about stress and how your body adapts to it. Maybe we’ll have less pussies now.

[quote]Fulmen wrote:
FINALLY someone agrees with me about stress and how your body adapts to it. Maybe we’ll have less pussies now.[/quote]

I think that is aiming a bit high but still, I like to call it the “Grow or Die” factor. You either get bigger and stronger or die in the process.

FUNNIEST LINE EVER:

“If you’re not making progress, overtrain until you’re depressed”

I TRULY BELIEVE THIS. lol

[quote]Airtruth wrote:

Basically.

Glad a certified trainer wrote about this shock method.
[/quote]

Thanks. I think I’ll try it.
I have to do some research on that shock method

[quote]entheogens wrote:
I have got to say that I measure time now by these Polliquin articles. Did anybody ever tell this guy that if he ever gets sick of being a great trainer he can get a gig as a comic. Like these gems:

“Alligators…hung like a light switch”

and this one about salt (actually, I think I’ve seen this product in Whole Foods):

?It should also be affordable. It doesn’t need to come from Tibet, harvested by a blood type AB Buddhist monk who engages his pelvic floor before bending over, tenth out of fourteen children born during a full moon, etc. Good salt is readily available at any health food store. "
[/quote]

Entheogens…lol I was thinking the same thing.

Charles is gifted with a very sharp sense of wit! He must have cracked up his parents alot growing up.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
FYI: I did the math on the BCAA recommendation of 40g per training session.

It’s 33.3 Biotest tablets. That’s $3.70 per session and $59.20 per month if you’re getting in 16 sessions and $74.00 per month if you train five days a week (not including freight).

It’s 133.3 GNC capsules PER SESSION - that’s not a typo. (I bought a bottle the other day since Biotest was out and I don’t remember what I paid for them)[/quote]

Can anyone here afford to try this and give feedback?? I would love to see some guys post results.

Unless you’re a pro athlete it sounds like a dream world… What was my shopping list again??? Gas for my Ferrari or buy BCAA??

That reminds me of trainer telling me ‘its too bad you think about money’. Uhhh sorry dude but my wallet is a little smaller than Trumps.

[quote]dentallica wrote:
pushharder wrote:
FYI: I did the math on the BCAA recommendation of 40g per training session.

It’s 33.3 Biotest tablets. That’s $3.70 per session and $59.20 per month if you’re getting in 16 sessions and $74.00 per month if you train five days a week (not including freight).

It’s 133.3 GNC capsules PER SESSION - that’s not a typo. (I bought a bottle the other day since Biotest was out and I don’t remember what I paid for them)

Can anyone here afford to try this and give feedback?? I would love to see some guys post results.

Unless you’re a pro athlete it sounds like a dream world… What was my shopping list again??? Gas for my Ferrari or buy BCAA??

That reminds me of trainer telling me ‘its too bad you think about money’. Uhhh sorry dude but my wallet is a little smaller than Trumps.
[/quote]

If you don’t have money for the tabs, you can get bulk powder for 40 bucks a kilo. It should last you 25 sessions.

I wonder about the plastics theory - Does drinking out of those non-recyclable containers that you buyin sports stores for a long time have an effect?

[quote]Mick28 wrote:

you’d have to have your head examined if you think the average guy is going to take 40 grams of BCAA’s at each workout. I can’t imagine that being good for the kidneys. And we know it’s not good for the wallet. It’s just crazy.

[/quote]

great results have been reported in the past with 15-20 grams per workout.