Question for Those Who Carry Guns

There are rules in every state.

Here (TN) you never ever brandish the gun in any way. You never mention it or show it in any way, unless you are pulling it on someone in an extreme situation where you are in fear of life or severe injury.

Even things like a broken nose don’t count as severe.

Showing or mentioning your gun can get aggravated assault charges. Simply un-tucking your shirt exposing the gun can land you in jail.

[quote]Edevus wrote:
Fun fact. People who carry guns are most likely to be gunned down.

[/quote]

Shows correlation, but not causation.

[quote]JLD2k3 wrote:
To the other crap: I would like to see the breakdown of the 677 victims how many were licensed CWP holders with clean criminal histories versus those whose criminal histories and associations would lend them to carry a gun illegally and engage in activities that invite violence. Until that distinction is made, this study is worthless.[/quote]

QFMFT

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

Here (TN) you never ever brandish the gun in any way. You never mention it or show it in any way, unless you are pulling it on someone in an extreme situation where you are in fear of life or severe injury.

Showing or mentioning your gun can get aggravated assault charges. Simply un-tucking your shirt exposing the gun can land you in jail.[/quote]

No OC in TN? Surprising, I would have pegged you as a Red, pro-gun state.

[quote]grettiron wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

Showing or mentioning your gun can get aggravated assault charges. Simply un-tucking your shirt exposing the gun can land you in jail.[/quote]

No OC in TN? Surprising, I would have pegged you as a Red, pro-gun state.[/quote]

No, you can open carry.

It’s just that if you conceal you can’t get in a confrontation and mention your gun, or do anything to expose it. It’s considered brandishing. And you will be screwed.

You are better off pulling the weapon and taking a bead on someone. At least then you can argue you felt threatened.

You could technically strap something like this on your hip and walk into a grocery store.

I don’t pay attention to “studies”, there are as many showing one thing as there are showing the opposite reactions. I just know it’s better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. As long as I don’t act an idiot and go dragging it out and waving it around, the less people will know. And I don’t have a game face when I carry, so if you don’t act like your carring they’ll never know.

I’m sorry but the study is faulty. Why don’t you try reading how many people have saved their, or other peoples lives by using the ccw instead of seeing why you shouldn’t carry. Personally I don’t want to be a victom because somebody said something to scare me. I do respect you if you don’t want to carry, that is your choice.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
You could technically strap something like this on your hip and walk into a grocery store.[/quote]

Nah, not enough velocity and I think the ballistics might be shitty. Now I like it in 9mm though.

The one thing TN does not do is insulate a justified shooter from civil suits. Pretty much, if you ever use your gun, justified or not, you will have a civil suit brought against you.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
The one thing TN does not do is insulate a justified shooter from civil suits. Pretty much, if you ever use your gun, justified or not, you will have a civil suit brought against you.[/quote]

Same in TX

[quote]Loudog75 wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
You could technically strap something like this on your hip and walk into a grocery store.[/quote]

Nah, not enough velocity and I think the ballistics might be shitty. Now I like it in 9mm though.[/quote]

lol, yeah. Just noting that it LOOKS big and scary and you aren’t forced to conceal it here.

But if you did, you’d undoubtedly have the cops called on you.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]Loudog75 wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

Nah, not enough velocity and I think the ballistics might be shitty. Now I like it in 9mm though.[/quote]

lol, yeah. Just noting that it LOOKS big and scary and you aren’t forced to conceal it here.

But if you did, you’d undoubtedly have the cops called on you.[/quote]

Fortunately, my wife doesn’t have to conceal me when we’re out in public (big & Scary). Still might get the cops called lol…

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
The one thing TN does not do is insulate a justified shooter from civil suits. Pretty much, if you ever use your gun, justified or not, you will have a civil suit brought against you.[/quote]

i’ll take a civil suit over being…say…dead though.

Tennessee is not and open carry state

[quote]maraudermeat wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

i’ll take a civil suit over being…say…dead though.
[/quote]

Wasn’t insinuating otherwise.

[quote]Ranzo wrote:
Tennessee is not and open carry state[/quote]

Tennessee is most certainly an open carry state. I literally just took an 8 hour class on it.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]Ranzo wrote:

Tennessee is most certainly an open carry state. I literally just took an 8 hour class on it.[/quote]

Tennessee is not a traditional open carry state. However, Tennessee is a shall-issue state that issues a carry permit that allows both open and concealed carry.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]Ranzo wrote:

Tennessee is most certainly an open carry state. I literally just took an 8 hour class on it.[/quote]

“Tennessee is not a traditional open carry state. However, Tennessee is a shall-issue state that issues a carry permit that allows both open and concealed carry.”

http://opencarry.org/tn.html

[/quote]

Yes, you do have to be permitted. But you can open carry.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]Ranzo wrote:

“Tennessee is not a traditional open carry state. However, Tennessee is a shall-issue state that issues a carry permit that allows both open and concealed carry.”

[/quote]

Yes, you do have to be permitted. But you can open carry.[/quote]

Typically when someone asks if XX is an open carry state, they mean open carry without a permit.

[quote]JLD2k3 wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]Ranzo wrote:

[/quote]

Yes, you do have to be permitted. But you can open carry.[/quote]

Typically when someone asks if XX is an open carry state, they mean open carry without a permit.[/quote]

I took it as opposing what I had said previously meaning I thought he was saying Tennessee was conceal carry only.