Question for Sports Fans

The following is if I were the GM for the Detroit Tigers. I have a ten step plan.

1. The team would travel by train unless they were on a west coast swing, but they’d only fly to the first city then Amtrak that shit the rest of the trip.

2. The money saved on airfare is used to demolish the worst parts of the D, starting along Woodward Ave.

3. The bricks from the demolition are sent to the Dominican Republic, Haiti, and Japan as to be used as recycled material to build and re-build structures that were damamged in recent disasters.

4. My green-ass grass roots campaign helps turn Detroit into the next hotspot for Hippies, Hipsters, Granolas and various other sheep interested in saving the planet.

5. Advertise 2012’s Earth Day game against the Yankees as a very special celebration, so we can bask in our own little piece of important philanthropy and robustly pat ourselves on the back for how far we’ve gone in ressurecting Detroit while we helped save the planet. The players will wear green hats and have a green “D” on their uniforms with leafy vines wrapped all around it. The first 20,000 get a free bundle of asparagus and hemp bracelet.

6. After Comerica is at capacity with 41,000 fans, Death Cab for Cutie sings the National Anthem, a beautiful rendition with all those hippies and supporters of all things organic singing right along with them.

7. Evacuate the Tigers team and Staff.

8. Implode the baseball stadium.

9. Fertilize Americas fields of corn and wheat with the clean colons and remains of the deceased.

10. Win.

Detroit has a baseball team? People still watch baseball?

I’ll probably catch alot of flack for this but as the Baltimore Ravens GM I would start Le’ron Mcclain at running back. The Ravens have always played well with a big powerback, made it to the afc championship with him running the rock. Obviously Ray Rice is far to great of a player to be playing second fiddle, since he is very good at catching the ball out of the backfield i’d use him as a slot reciever similar to Wes Welker, give him quick screens and slants where he’s got the ball in space and he can make the rest happen. Not to say Rice couldn’t play some RB as well but i’d prefer have Mcclain bulldoze the defense and let Rice getting the ball in open space.

[quote]behexen wrote:
I’ll probably catch alot of flack for this but as the Baltimore Ravens GM I would start Le’ron Mcclain at running back. The Ravens have always played well with a big powerback, made it to the afc championship with him running the rock. Obviously Ray Rice is far to great of a player to be playing second fiddle, since he is very good at catching the ball out of the backfield i’d use him as a slot reciever similar to Wes Welker, give him quick screens and slants where he’s got the ball in space and he can make the rest happen. Not to say Rice couldn’t play some RB as well but i’d prefer have Mcclain bulldoze the defense and let Rice getting the ball in open space.[/quote]

If you were the GM you wouldnt do this cause you pick the talent not coach or devise the game plan. :slight_smile:

Maybe i’d just have to get a new coach who agrees with my plan. In seriousness though I guess I’d make sure I resign Le’Ron Mcclain, Haloti Ngata, Jameel Mcclain, Josh Wilson, Chris Carr, and try to pick up the best available cornerback left in the draft, probably going to be Jimmy Smith.

[quote]DJHT wrote:
Detroit has a baseball team? People still watch baseball? [/quote]

That is correct.

[quote]ReignIB wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

That is correct. [/quote]

I like how in denial people 'round these parts still are about the '06 Championship series.

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:
As GM/Owner of the Yankees, I would do away with the “clean cut/freshly shaven” rule and make it mandatory for all players to look like homeless people. I’d then put Gene Simmons to shame in term of branding and merchandising, sit back and collect the greenbacks.[/quote]

Right. Because they barely break even now on merchandising.

I’d ink Ahmad Bradshaw to a new contract.

[quote]SSC wrote:

[quote]ReignIB wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

I like how in denial people 'round these parts still are about the '06 Championship series.[/quote]

Do you think it’s because of the palm-tar incident

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

[quote]SSC wrote:

[quote]ReignIB wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

I like how in denial people 'round these parts still are about the '06 Championship series.[/quote]

[/quote]

More like the Guitar Hero incident probably… lol.

That, and general stupidity. Fuck the Tigers.

Fuck Baseball.

^Bam, said it, don’t regret it.

[quote]SSC wrote:

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

[quote]SSC wrote:

[quote]ReignIB wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[/quote]

More like the Guitar Hero incident probably… lol.

That, and general stupidity. Fuck the Tigers.

Fuck Baseball.

^Bam, said it, don’t regret it.[/quote]

I wasnt joking with my question.