Question for KSman: HCG

I’m interested in your opinion on something related to HCG, since you know a lot about it.

I’m curious if the possibility of permanent gonadotropin shutdown at the pituitary from HCG (for a eugonadal male) is more of a time dependent issue or a dose dependent issue. In other words: Would there be more danger in using 500iu HCG a week for several months or would there be more danger in using something like 20,000iu in a week?

And I know the HUGE amounts are a waste and dangerous, but it struck me because I didn’t know if modest amounts for an extra prolonged period of time could be dangerous as well (or more so?)…

I assume that this is without any TRT.

I don’t think a normal male should be using that for long periods of time. If one needs TRT, that is an other issue and then any changes would be of no concern as LH is then always shut down.

A huge dose will do nothing. Once the receptors are loaded with HCG, the rest will simply be metabolized and excreted.

If a normal male is looking for a boost in T, small doses of AI over a prolonged period seems like a better and more cost effective route… which also keeps the HPTA working.

Well, would you consider it a hazard if an athlete cycling AAS, was using HCG @ around 500iu ew for a 2-3 months during the cycle to keep a level of testicular functionality (the time length in question)?

[quote]Lejes wrote:
Well, would you consider it a hazard if an athlete cycling AAS, was using HCG @ around 500iu ew for a 2-3 months during the cycle to keep a level of testicular functionality (the time length in question)?[/quote]

In that situation there is no need to for HCG to supply T as the levels will be driven by the cycle. Research on young normal males showed that 250iu EOD SQ maintained intratesticular testosterone levels when the men were shutdown with 200mg test cyp per week. So that is more than 500iu/week. So that will work well. Myself and some others are now using that long term as part of their TRT and I recommend that to be used while on gear from the very start of the cycle.

Thank you for your answer. I appreciate you taking the time! :slight_smile: