T Nation

Question for John Berardi

I am looking to get an insulin sensitivity test . My doc told me it is called a Glucosculate Haemoglobin test.
Is this the correct test ?.

It’s a different test. If you want to use my articles and what I recommend, ask for a fasted blood glucose and a fasted blood insulin. That’s it. This is not conventionally known as an “insulin sensitivity test” because MD’s dont know about it. It’s new and still in the research world. It hasnt trickled over into conventional med yet.

NO! Glycosylated hemoglobin is a test which will indicated your average blood sugar level over the past several weeks. You want a blood test of your FASTING INSULIN.