Question For Joe Average

Could you post some of your templates for your band training and JA system? I would greatly appreciate it.

[quote]Heracles wrote:
Could you post some of your templates for your band training and JA system? I would greatly appreciate it…[/quote]

Joe Average contacted me about this and I thought it would be a lot better if he submitted an article about his system. If it’s good, I’ll run it.

Heracles:

I’m working on the article and should get it submitted tomorrow. It’ll be an intro to the template and an outline of my philosophies for strength training.

In a nutshell, the template or one training cycle consists of 6 cycles. Each cycle consists of 10 training days.

How you progress through each cycle depends on your schedule. If you can train everyday, then you would do days 1-10, one right after the other completing all 6 cycles in 2 months.

Personally, I spread each cycle out over a 14 day period. Partly because of everyone’s work and family schedule and mostly because of rest & recovery issue’s.

Day 1 is dynamic squat, which consists of a free weight set to failure followed by speed work with bands.

Day 2 is recovery and assistance work designed to supplement day 1.

Day 3 is dynamic bench, free weight work and speed work with bands.

Day 4 is conditioning

Day 5 is tri day, which consists of close grip board work and lock-outs.

Day 6 is max effort deadlift and squat with heavy bands

Day 7 is recovery and assistance work

Day 8 is max effort bench with heavy bands

Day 9 is conditioning

Day 10 is same as day 5, except different bands are used.

The actual template is a little more detailed, exact exercises, exact band tensions and exact rep scheme’s are all outlined. I focus on basic core exercises and I rotate band tensions, this method is very effective. I have been making steady gains for over 4 years, that in itself says alot about a system.

I will get the article done and will forward my template with the article. How TC wants to post all that will be his decision.