Question For CT

I am a soon to be 40 year old who has been training steadily for nearly 25 years. I have been using Wendler’s 5/3/1 for the last few years, but have not progressed well within the last year and have even lost some muscle mass. I have tried his volume based hypertrophy approach and will “swell” up and then deflate when I transition out of the boring but big style templates.

In reading some of your posts, I have noticed that you favor frequency over volume, and with three kids and a full time job…that sounds more applicable to me. Your 20 minute workout posted last summer caught my attention, but having hyperlordosis and very long femurs, I really need to consistently address my weak areas.

Since I am making that push to put on some new found strength and muscle rather quickly…what do you recommend? Are the shorter 20 minute workouts with some slight tweaks more applicable? A rest pause based protocol possibly? After looking over some old training logs…I noticed that the more frequent and brief my workouts were, I made more progress and was at my heaviest bodyweight.