T Nation

Question for Aussie T-fellows

This is a question for any Aussies out there who may read this.

I was wondering if you could recommend any particular stores (in the Sydney region) or websites where I could get really good value supplements and foods such as oats in bulk, I’m sick of buying the 1kg packets at the supermarket and I’m sure there are some health food stores out there which sell it in larger quantities. Are there any good branks I should go for. I’d also like to know where you can get natural peanut butter. I really need to cut my food budget a bit so buying in bulk will make things a lot easier.

Any help would be appreciated

Ben

http://www.biotestedge.com.au/products/tribex.html

http://www.biotestedge.co.nz/

Other then that its just a matter of trawling through health stores, supermarkets and other online retailers like netrition, etc.

Bump… any other Aussies out there?

Ben

PS Beatnik, thanks for your reply. I have already bought from Biotest Aus., I’ve got the protein powder side of things sorted out, it was the foods such as buying oatmeaal in bulk that I need an answer for. I haven’t had much luck with the health food stores in my area, that’s why I posted this question.

The only natural peanut butter i have found is produces by Natural Grocer Premium FoodsThey make a whole range of nut pastes (macadamia, almond, cashew and peanut). Best thing is the only ingredient is the nut. No salt, no vegetable oil. It taste very bland when you first dig in but after the first jar you don’t notice the difference. I buy mine from Duffy Bros or IGA on Oxford St in the city. Check out www.naturalgrocer.com.au. Cost is about $5 per 350g jar.

There’s a place on glebe point road that is a massive natural grocery store. You might have some luck there.

I would be intersted in any others people know.

Ha! I live just down the road from Duffy Brothers - crap fruit and veg, cute til girls tho!

[quote]Drewsky wrote:
There’s a place on glebe point road that is a massive natural grocery store. You might have some luck there.

I would be intersted in any others people know.

Ha! I live just down the road from Duffy Brothers - crap fruit and veg, cute til girls tho!

Thanks Drewsky, Glebe is a bit far away from me, but i might check it out over the coming holidays, if I can buy in bulk I won’t have to go there too much. Do you know the name of the store?

I have had some success though. I found a small health food store near where I live through which you can order organic rolled oats for $9 per 3kg! Considering 1kg of Uncle Tobys in the supermarket is at least $10 I think I have found my supplier for oats. The only catch is that you have to place a special order for that particular quantity and they only order from the supplier once per month.

Keep the advice coming!

[/quote]