Question: Bulky to Cut Up

Hello Coach,
I have been lifting for roughly 7 months low reps heavy weight 5x5/3x6. Increasing my core lifts by a large amounts of weight.

Starting Weights: 1RM weighing 235 Height 5’7

Bench: 200
Squat: 250
Deadlift: 300
Shoulder Press: 115

Now: 1RM weighing 205 Height 5’7

Bench: 300
Squat: 350-400
Deadlift: 375-400
Shoulder Press: 160

Now that I have been bulking for awhile. I have recently been wanting to cut some of the fat off of my body.

I am looking for help or recommendations of a good diet plan and knowledge of a good workout that will cut me up in a 2-3 month period of time.

My workout split at the moment is:

Monday: Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
Tuesday: Back/Legs/Biceps
Wednesday: Off
Thursday:Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
Friday: Back/Legs/Biceps
Saturday:Off
Sunday:Off

I workout with my friend so I get about 1-2 minutes of rest between each set.

My Diet is definitely not one of my strong points. I consume roughly 2500-4000 calories per day of Bad food. Examples: Fast Food, High Carbohydrates, High amount of sugar, Bad Meat

BBB is right (as usual). From the Fat Loss thread (you did read that before posting, right?), CT gave some great diet advice. I am following this as a break from three months on the Anabolic Diet (down 20 pounds!).

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
You can reach your goal by consuming as much as 150g of carbs per day provided that they are well timed, of the right type and that the caloric intake for the rest of the day is correct.

Here are my recommendations:

• Start at 1.25g of protein per pound NOT including para-workout nutrition
  • Consume between 60 and 80g of fat per day
  • Set carbs at around 150g on workout days as follow:

40 min pre-workout 1 FINiBAR (39g)
30 min pre-workout SURGE WORKOUT FUEL 1 SCOOP (21g)
15 min pre-workout SURGE RECOVERY 1 SCOOP (25g)
During the workout SURGE RECOVERY 1 SCOOP (25g) + 20-30g CH

Total = 110g para-workout

Then have 2 portions of fruit with a whey shake 60 minutes after the workout.

The rest of the day is low-carbs
[/quote]

[quote]bigboyschaef wrote:
Bad Meat[/quote]

I would address this first. Putting bad meat in your mouth, is a no no

If you eat alot of carbs and fast food, etc. you probably take in more like 4000-6000 calories a day, keep a food log and try to take it down by 500cals a week until you start losing weight, then keep it constant until fat loss stalls, then cut it by another 500… rinse wash repeat… throw in cardio when your down to like 2500 cals and your not losing weight.

I’m surprised you didn’t ask CT to wipe your ass while you were at it.

Hello Coach,
I have been lifting for roughly 7 months low reps heavy weight 5x5/3x6. Increasing my core lifts by a large amounts of weight.

Now that I have been bulking for awhile. I have recently been wanting to cut some of the fat off of my body.

I am looking for help or recommendations of a good diet plan and knowledge of a good workout that will cut me up in a 2-3 month period of time.

My Diet is definitely not one of my strong points. I consume roughly 2500-4000 calories per day of Bad food. Examples: Fast Food, High Carbohydrates, High amount of sugar, Bad Meat[/quote]

Hello Coach,

My Diet is definitely not one of my strong points. I consume roughly 2500-4000 calories per day of Bad food. Examples: Fast Food, High Carbohydrates, High amount of sugar, Bad Meat[/quote]

Seriously… I’d address the diet first as it suck… A LOT!! Pretty vague info too, 2500-4000 cals, you really should say you have absolutely no idea what you’re eating on a daily basis. Get to work!

Hello Coach,

I’m going to report this post. That’s how bad it is.

[quote]PublickStews wrote:
I’m surprised you didn’t ask CT to wipe your ass while you were at it.

[/quote]

Quote of the year.